Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Partnership Resident Visa processing under virus restrictions

Dumb question time: does this mean that INZ will process all Partnership Residency Visas where the applicant is currently in New Zealand before they begin to process those where the applicant is offshore?

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Did you get an update? I submitted my visa documents on the 23rd of March (Residence) ... and received an email today requesting additional documents. Even if it is only for missing documents - that is way faster than I expected. Gives hope.

I am in the same boat when it comes to a re-application and the costs involved - especially in this situation right now. Fingers crossed it will get sorted in time.
    Just prior to lockdown my CO had sent my application of for 2PC so hoping a decision won’t be far away but I guess it’ll take a few weeks to get back up and running properly!

Luckily with the government’s extension of visas this has taken so much pressure off me and made me feel almost normal whilst I wait and saves spending more money to apply for a new visa.

Fingers crossed we both hear something soon!

Quote Originally Posted by karoro View Post
    Dumb question time: does this mean that INZ will process all Partnership Residency Visas where the applicant is currently in New Zealand before they begin to process those where the applicant is offshore?
    Yes, that's correct - INZ have made applications of offshore client's their lowest priority as those applicants will not be able to arrive in NZ for the forseeable future once approved anyway.

Thank you Erin. I'm in the fortunate position of being an onshore applicant, so with any luck I may get a CO soon.

Quote Originally Posted by karoro View Post
    Thank you Erin. I'm in the fortunate position of being an onshore applicant, so with any luck I may get a CO soon.
    When did you lodge your application?

So I am now a New Zealand Resident!!

So happy and excited and generally can’t believe it.

From applying in September and being allocated a CO in March, the COVID lockdown delayed things but email case through confirming it! My online application status hasn’t changed but oh well!

Good luck to all those still waiting...it’ll happen soon and it’ll be so worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by Sim1602 View Post
    When did you lodge your application?
    3rd March. I submitted a Partnership Work Visa application on the same day and they approved that in less than a week, so I hope that bodes well for the Residency application being processed as swiftly as possible.

When I submitted my application INZ were claiming that 75% were processed within seven months, so I was hoping for a decision come September. I have no idea how many Partnership Residency Visa applications are submitted from offshore applicants, but I may 'jump the queue'. Probably not though

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    So I am now a New Zealand Resident!!

So happy and excited and generally can’t believe it.

From applying in September and being allocated a CO in March, the COVID lockdown delayed things but email case through confirming it! My online application status hasn’t changed but oh well!

Good luck to all those still waiting...it’ll happen soon and it’ll be so worth the wait
    Nice!

We definitely know they're doing at least some work on the Partnership Residency applications then!

JD87, congratulations!

Thank you!

They certainly are and to their credit, I’ve been incredibly impressed with how they’ve dealt with application but I’m sure you’ll hear something soon karoro, fingers crossed for you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast