Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership Resident Visa processing under virus restrictions

Default Partnership Resident Visa processing under virus restrictions

Concerning times with the whole Coronavirus issues with my visa expiring next month, my current application being looked at and not being in a position to potentially afford a new application with the uncertainties with work etc. My CO has said they’d see if they can do something sooner rather than later but just incredibly worrying.

Has anyone had much news about their applications recently?

So my application has been approved pending 2PC, but considering the whole country is going in to lock down I’m guessing this will not happen for a while or will they keep working?

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    So my application has been approved pending 2PC, but considering the whole country is going in to lock down I’m guessing this will not happen for a while or will they keep working?
    INZ has been declared an essential service, so they'll keep operating during the lockdown. I doubt it will be "business as usual" though.

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    Normally, nobody is told they have been approved until AFTER a second-person check has been done, because if the 2pc official found any errors or omissions, the approval might not be correct after all. For that reason, COs aren't supposed to tell applicants what outcome they are recommending when they pass the file on for 2pc.

Was it the CO told you you're approved?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Normally, nobody is told they have been approved until AFTER a second-person check has been done, because if the 2pc official found any errors or omissions, the approval might not be correct after all. For that reason, COs aren't supposed to tell applicants what outcome they are recommending when they pass the file on for 2pc.

Was it the CO told you you're approved?
    Yep was told my application was approved in principal and that it would go to the quality team for assessment. Did think it was a bit odd when I received it...just trying not to get my hopes up especially at such a testing time.

Considering that you've had the previous 'parner' visas, I think you've got reason to be good and hopeful.

I certainly do hope so, just a shame it’s happened when it has but we’ll see what comes through! Hard to celebrate when the world is the way it is currently but will hopefully take some stress and pressure off. Thanks again JandM, take care!

I'm afraid I've received confirmation from INZ this morning that visa processing will cease after today during the lockdown. Only border operations and the contact centre will continue during lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I'm afraid I've received confirmation from INZ this morning that visa processing will cease after today during the lockdown. Only border operations and the contact centre will continue during lockdown.
    Hi Erin, thanks for the update!

At this time people’s health and well being is far more important and with my expiring visa covered till September it means that I don’t need to think about that which is great.

Hope everyone stays safe and well but look forward to updates once everything starts getting back to normal.

Did you get an update? I submitted my visa documents on the 23rd of March (Residence) ... and received an email today requesting additional documents. Even if it is only for missing documents - that is way faster than I expected. Gives hope.

I am in the same boat when it comes to a re-application and the costs involved - especially in this situation right now. Fingers crossed it will get sorted in time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast