Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary visas to be extended due to epidemic notice

Default Temporary visas to be extended due to epidemic notice

Erin has been posting about this, but it's official from INZ now:

Epidemic notices

The New Zealand Government’s epidemic management notice relating to immigration matters comes into effect on Thursday 2 April 2020.

Travellers with a temporary (work, student, visitor, interim and limited) visa expiring before 1 April 2020 who are unable to leave New Zealand must apply online for a new visa. An interim visa will be issued.

Travellers with a temporary visa due to expire between 1 April and 9 July 2020 will have their visas extended to late September. Confirmation of extensions will be emailed to all visa holders.
    Note that, as per Section 78 of the Immigration Act 2009 and E3.10 in the operational manual, this extension will only apply to those that are onshore. People holding temporary visas who are offshore will not benefit from this extension; their visas will expire per usual.

JandM, may want to sticky this? Will answer a lot of people's questions.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 24th March 2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Noted that this does not apply to people offshore.

Thank you. Duly stickied!

I am very confident we will get an extension on this one. Fingers crossed for everyone.

My wife's visa expires in june.we haven't received any extension email.is it a blanket extension or should we be expecting an email saying new dates

It says in the notice above, "Confirmation of extensions will be emailed to all visa holders."

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_patel View Post
    My wife's visa expires in june.we haven't received any extension email.is it a blanket extension or should we be expecting an email saying new dates
    I've just received this advice via an email from INZ today:

"Given the circumstances, there are some limitations to how we can notify people about the extension of their visa. Where practicable, we will email people about the extension directly. These emails will be sent before the end of Friday 3 April.

Where we have multiple applicants using the same email address, we have not been able to customise the notification, and a generic email about the update will be sent to the email address."

Emails should be sent out to all temp visa holders by the end of tomorrow...

My wife, elder son and myself are NZ residents but our 7 month old baby is on a 9 month visitor visa which expires in August 2020.
    We are all onshore and we have already applied for a residence visa for our baby in Dec 2019.
    I called Immi yesterday and they said the application is queued to be allocated to a Case officer but not yet allocated. They said they are only allocating applications for essential workers at the moment. They suggested to apply for extension for the visitor visa for him. I would like to know the process and the eligibility for the same please.

Thanks egoodhue. We have applied for a work visa for my wife in early March.she is here on a visitor Visa..we haven't received email of extension of visa til September and her visitor visa expires in end of June..so u think we have not received email as we have already applied for a work visa and waiting for a co to be allocated? And will be issued interim visa in end of June.. that seems a little scary

Quote Originally Posted by pac.man View Post
    My wife, elder son and myself are NZ residents but our 7 month old baby is on a 9 month visitor visa which expires in August 2020.
    We are all onshore and we have already applied for a residence visa for our baby in Dec 2019.
    I called Immi yesterday and they said the application is queued to be allocated to a Case officer but not yet allocated. They said they are only allocating applications for essential workers at the moment. They suggested to apply for extension for the visitor visa for him. I would like to know the process and the eligibility for the same please.
    It's just the same as when you applied in the first place. See the Process tabs on the factsheets. I've put both ordinary Visitor visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa and Child of a New Zealander Visitor visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria - use whichever one you used for his present one, and tell them you need it while waiting for his Residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_patel View Post
    Thanks egoodhue. We have applied for a work visa for my wife in early March.she is here on a visitor Visa..we haven't received email of extension of visa til September and her visitor visa expires in end of June..so u think we have not received email as we have already applied for a work visa and waiting for a co to be allocated? And will be issued interim visa in end of June.. that seems a little scary
    It sounds normal for the present situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast