Thread: Help Needed ASAP

Question Help Needed ASAP

Marriage certificate show a date of ..........., your partner gained residence under SMC on ......... however he declared himself single on the expression of interest, why has he not declared his correct relationship status? Or informed immigration NZ about his partnership?

The question above was asked by Immigration, however I have replaced the date. They have given me time until this Friday.

Yes i made a mistake as I didn't tell them that I was married while my Residency application was already in process.

I was single at that point and my application was already submitted for Residency Visa. I was waiting for my immigration officer to contact me. I thought it would just make my application process, even more, longer than it already was and thought it wouldn’t be an issue at all.

Now that they have asked me "why" I was wondering how should I approach it as this might be the reason they could reject the application. We have a genuine relationship and have 3 yrs worth of conversation and call log.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

INZ are not out to trip you up and send you home. They're pretty helpful and understanding so just be honest about what actually happened.

You need to tell them you made a silly mistake in not informing them promptly, and apologise. Remember, there is an obligation to tell the full truth to INZ, including about any change in your circumstances. If an INZ official comes to believe that an error or omission was an attempt to deceive, this can be interpreted as fraud, which can have serious consequences. A5.25 i. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#35058.htm

You haven't provided enough information in your post for anyone to be able to know exactly how serious this is. However, you should probably consider getting immigration advice, because if you don't successfully sort this issue out, there could be very serious consequences.