Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship query

Default Citizenship query

I have been told to courier my application instead of in person appointment. My question is I have about 2 speed camera and a few parking fines do I need to mention them somewhere or no?
    2. I have been caught by a police officer back in 2014 for speeding And I got a fine with 40 Demerit points where do I mention that I don’t see any question where I can mention that or may be I am reading the question wrong? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

just a quick update for everyone I have emailed citizenship office a few dats ago, they have told me they don’t do free eligibility checks anymore. And they also mention you need to work your own days to see if you meet the presence requirements before you apply.
    secondly they have told me I need to mention any speeding and parking tickets ( including camera and officer stopping you).
    This might clear some confusion for people who have this concern in their mind. Thx

Thanks for that.

If you did not travel in your first year of gaining residency and do not intend to travel in your fifth year then you may be eligible to apply once you have met the 240 days in that year

To my understanding you can travel on the first year and last year, as long as you have 240 days in each year and as soon as you meet 240days in the fifth year you should be ok but let’s not forget if you apply 4 months earlier then you have to add those 4 remaining months of the fifth year back to the first year if it still come to 240 then their shouldnt be any problem that’s as per how I understand by reading the presence requirement time

Hi, Do you know what is the time frame of getting citizenship approved? I have submitted it online last month? Have you got your one yet?

I applied via post in end april as I already had a case officer before I post my documents I only received contact detail letter in mid May no else so far

Quote Originally Posted by abhi221211 View Post
    Hi, Do you know what is the time frame of getting citizenship approved? I have submitted it online last month? Have you got your one yet?
    Due to COVID-19, there will be delays and we should expect the timeframe to be bit longer than what we have seen earlier.

I'm not sure if the move to Level 1 will make some progress as they can have more staff and also other agency checks maybe quicker than level 2.

If you hear from the citizenship office earlier to within 5 to 10 months timeframe it will be good. Otherwise, just keep in mind, there will be delays than the usual timeframe we have seen on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Khan1192 View Post
    I applied via post in end april as I already had a case officer before I post my documents I only received contact detail letter in mid May no else so far
    Hi Khan1192,

Just curious to know.

How did you get a case office prior to posting your documents?

Quote Originally Posted by My New Zealand View Post
    Hi Khan1192,

Just curious to know.

How did you get a case office prior to posting your documents?
    Sorry I should have explained a bit better, I was due on face to face appointment during lockdown so my officer emailed me to courier your documents instead so that’s how I got a case officer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast