Hi everyone first time poster hope everyone’s well

Today I received a phone call from my employers regarding the possibility of being made redundant in the next week or two. (Pretty much a certainty)

I phoned immigration and asked what can I do being that my work visa ties me to this company on Auckland and the fact that I can’t really find another job to Change it to right now due to obvious reasons and that leaving the country is pretty much impossible.

There response from the advisor I spoke to was “I don’t know” and that I am eligible for the wage subsidy scheme as long as I’m employed (which won’t be for much longer) and that hopefully immigration will announce something soon because there are hundreds of people in the same boat as myself.

I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and has managed to find any other information on this kind of situation or closely related situations?

I myself am praying that they open up work visas to regions once the pandemic ends but if anyone has any advice this would gone greatly appreciated 😀

Hope everyone’s well