Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Happy to share my Citizenship timeline

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12

    Default Happy to share my Citizenship timeline

    Timeline:

    Arrived in NZ with work visa - Oct 2014
    Applied residency - Jan 2015
    Residency approved - Apr 2015
    Visa label in passport - May 2015
    Citizenship applied - 10th Feb 2020
    Citizenship approval letter received - 17 Mar 2020
    Now waiting for Citizenship certificate by courier post, no citizenship ceremonies until further notice because of COVID-19.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,502

    Default

    Congratulations!

    (It's so nice to have a reason to say that to one person at least, in the middle of all that is going on.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Congratulations.

    3 months to approve your application. Unbelievable.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Golden time of 2015

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Congratulations for your citizenship approval babu.. I also got my residency approved in about under 3 months too in 2015 I applied in about Februaryish....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khan1192 View Post
    Congratulations for your citizenship approval babu.. I also got my residency approved in about under 3 months too in 2015 I applied in about Februaryish....
    Looks like February is a lucky month for Residency, I also got mine approved in 6 weeks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco83 View Post
    Looks like February is a lucky month for Residency, I also got mine approved in 6 weeks.
    Nope. My application lodged 8 February, 14 months later not even a case officer looking at it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thanks Babu. I applied early january but have not got it yet. I did however recieve an email this week asking to check my details were correct.. but I don't think that is an approval letter. Did u recieve that email?

    Here's my time line.
    Arrived New Zealand Sept 2012 work visa
    Applied resident visa July 2014
    Approved resident visa April 2015
    Approved PR May 2017
    Applied Citizenship Jan 2020
    Email received to confirm details April 2020

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennyj View Post
    Thanks Babu. I applied early january but have not got it yet. I did however recieve an email this week asking to check my details were correct.. but I don't think that is an approval letter. Did u recieve that email?

    Here's my time line.
    Arrived New Zealand Sept 2012 work visa
    Applied resident visa July 2014
    Approved resident visa April 2015
    Approved PR May 2017
    Applied Citizenship Jan 2020
    Email received to confirm details April 2020
    Hi bennyj,
    I also received that e-mail asking to confirm postal address.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    390

    Default

    The emails to confirm postal address is likely because the Department of Internal Affairs is now directly posting citizenship certificates (citizenship ceremonies having been suspended, and the requirement to attend one waived, due to COVID-19). That's a document that one definitely doesn't want to go missing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •