Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC & RFW Applications Queue

Smile SMC & RFW Applications Queue

Hi everyone,

Saw the following response from INZ on a FYI request from Tammy.

Dear Tammy,
    Thank you for your email of 16 June 2020 requesting under the Official Information Act 1982, the
    following information:

1. How many Residence from work-talent were lodged from February 2020?
    2. What is the oldest application (RFW-Talent) that is lodged but is in que for case officer
    allocation?

Our Response:
    There have been 789 Residence from Work (Talent) visas accepted for processing during the period 1
    February 2020 to 23 June 2020 (inclusive). Residence from Work (Talent) visas include Talent –
    Accredited Employer, Talent – Arts and Culture, and Talent – Sports.

The oldest Residence from Work (Talent) visa yet to be allocated (as at 23 June 2020) was tendered on 9
    August 2019. This makes this application 319 days old as at 23 June 2020.

As we know that the SMC Queue is still at 19 DEC 2018 and RFW on 09 AUG 2019 according to this reply from INZ.
    INZ recently said SMC and RFW are same queue, Does that mean they won't allocate any RFW until the SMC queue is moved to 09 AUG 19?

They won't allocate until SMC que is moved to 08 Aug 2019

How are you so sure bout it?

Unless it is proirotized case, it is under same queue.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...me-information

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what exactly is happening to the oldest unallocated RfW application that is stated in the response from INZ on the FYI. My own RfW application was lodged just before Christmas 2019, and was allocated to a case officer in Feb 2020, and was approved at the end of same month. It's not a prioritised case.

Quote Originally Posted by Keatex1 View Post
    Hi,

I'm not quite sure what exactly is happening to the oldest unallocated RfW application that is stated in the response from INZ on the FYI. My own RfW application was lodged just before Christmas 2019, and was allocated to a case officer in Feb 2020, and was approved at the end of same month. It's not a prioritised case.
    yeah , I have a friend who lodged RFW (Talent) a couple days before lockdwon and got CO a few weeks ago. I am almost convinced SMC , RFW are 2 different ques.

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    yeah , I have a friend who lodged RFW (Talent) a couple days before lockdwon and got CO a few weeks ago. I am almost convinced SMC , RFW are 2 different ques.
    Why we are changing the process
    Since mid-2018, we have prioritised allocation of Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) and Residence from Work (RFW) applications where the principal applicant:

works in an occupation requiring registration
    earned at least twice the median wage, or
    applied for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa

This is from INZ website.

Maybe ur case applied -> applied for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa ??

Thank you Claire for the clarification. Much appreciated. I have another question as INZ been saying the oldest unallocated application in the non-priority queue is 18 December 2018 for a long time. Do they count the offshore applications? Which would definitely be unallocated as they are only processing onshore. Could it be the case that they are actually onto January 2019 or something but oldest unallocatad application in the queue is still 18th of December 2018?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SSS93 View Post
    Thank you Claire for the clarification. Much appreciated. I have another question as INZ been saying the oldest unallocated application in the non-priority queue is 18 December 2018 for a long time. Do they count the offshore applications? Which would definitely be unallocated as they are only processing onshore. Could it be the case that they are actually onto January 2019 or something but oldest unallocatad application in the queue is still 18th of December 2018?

Thank you in advance.
    Maybe that's true since we do not know what is really going on with INZ.
    But, I've seen someone's post on facebook who have just got CO allocated for his case. He submitted his application on 20th Dec 18 - non priority case. (SMC)
    Also I have known someone whos not been allocated for CO - submitted Jan 19 - non priority (SMC).
    Myself, submitted March 19 - No CO yet -non priority (SMC).

It just irritating that Im saying those are 'non-priority' case because there were no priority or non-priority category at the time these people submitted their application including me.
    Last edited by claire77; 17th July 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    Is your friend salary doubled the median? I lodged my RFW (Talent) on 22 Feb 2020, still waiting for a CO. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast