Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Thread: Summary of the changes announced by INZ so far

Not an official statement but considering Auckland is returning to level 3 conditions until Friday night this will mean no more processing of visas in Auckland based offices until the restrictions get lifted.

I just heard from a relative in Auckland that although it's Level 3, not the most serious, the schools have been told to close and people to work from home if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I just heard from a relative in Auckland that although it's Level 3, not the most serious, the schools have been told to close and people to work from home if at all possible.
    Level 3 was basically level 4 with take aways so they should be closed. From memory INZ ceased all operations until level 2 so they likely won't be processing anything until next week now, and I'm not expecting level 3 to be relaxed until they know the 4 cases are gone or where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by cmavij View Post
    Mine too is May 2019 lodgement (24th May) offshore without job offer.. Jsv is for smc visa offshore applicants. With the border closure in place and also temporary suspension of visitor visa, I guess our category (i.e non-priority) shall be processed only after opening the borders.. If any one here have different views pls share your thoughts.
    Look like we are in the same boat. Did they deduct money from you as well? how non-priority get allocated? they started with December 2018 application. I wonder how long it takes until they reach to May. Is that standard processing time of 18 months still valid here?

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    15. Work visa holders with employer-specific work visas already employed in essential services will be able to vary their hours and be redeployed to do other roles within their current workplace. They can also perform their current role in a different workplace to help essential businesses keep operating while New Zealand remains at Alert Level 3 or 4 and for six weeks after that.

16. International students who are already employed in an essential services role will be able to work longer hours for their current employer while New Zealand remains at Alert Level 3 or 4 and for six weeks following. Students who are employed in an essential services role and wish to work more than 20 hours must still meet their study requirements and should discuss their plans with their education provider.

Do you mind to share how this impact JSV processing time? As I understand currently we are non-priority but there is still 18 months of standard time as mentioned in website. Should I expect to hear from them by November this year with below timeline?
    Prior thanks for your reply.

SMC offshore without Job offer
    EOI Submitted: 17 Oct 2018
    EOI Selected: 23 Jan 2019
    ITA Received: 24 Jan 2019
    ITA Lodgement: 17 May 2019
    Confirmation: 05 Jun 2019 (Money deducted)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819