Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of the changes announced by INZ so far

Quote Originally Posted by claire22 View Post
    Thank you Frankgo

In point 9, when you say the labour market could change and INZ could reflect on those changes, does that mean any changes they make will apply to applications already lodged??
    In my personal opinion, I think we need to be prepared for INZ being much more thorough in their labour market tests and requesting much more comprehensive evidence of employer's efforts to recruit or train New Zealanders first. I'm afraid that this may also apply to applications already lodged but not yet processed and decided. While it's correct that the instructions that were in place at the time of lodgement are to be applied at assessment of an application, there's no need for instructions to change before CO's may start asking for much more evidence and information in line with the current instructions for work visas. While the instructions may remain the same, it's highly likely that INZ's interpretation of whether there are suitable NZer's who can take up the work or be trained to do the work is going to change. A lot more emphasis is likely to be put on the part of instructions which refers to the fact that NZer's not being prepared to do the work on offer being irrelevant in a CO's assessment.

There will always be roles that employers are just not able to fill within the domestic labour market and we will always have a need for migrants - but I think we all need to be realistic in our expectations of INZ's assessments in response to the changed labour market and I believe the reality will be that the bar is going to be raised higher for employers being expected to consider NZer's for jobs first.

Hi Erin

Thank you for the explanation.
    How do you think this will impact lodged SMC applications whose job are fortunately intact?

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    Hi Erin

Thank you for the explanation.
    How do you think this will impact lodged SMC applications whose job are fortunately intact?
    Thankfully there's no labour market test for SMC applications - but I think INZ will be looking very closely at sustainability of employers (hopefully with a different perspective than pre-Covid days, but they will still want to ensure that people will continue to be employed once they become residents and won't be at risk of being made redundant in the near future), employer compliance with the law, the number of hours people are working and how much people are getting paid. There's potential for all of these factors to have been affected by Covid-19 and I really hope that INZ will take this unusual situation into account in the immediate future. But the Minister confirming in his meeting yesterday that there is no plan to lower salary thresholds tells me that there will come a time when INZ are going to stop accepting the affects of Covid-19 as a reason for changes to jobs - what's not clear is when that time will be. The Minister has a very fine line to walk in election year.

Hi Erin, thank you for the explanation.
    I work in healthcare and during this lockdown period i had to work even more hours and days due to staff shortage.
    My residence visa application is in process and i got a PPI. I provided more documents in response a couple of weeks before lockdown, but that hasn't been processed yet. Can you please tell what you think about how these changes will be impacting my application?
    Thanks and regards.

There doesn't seem to have been any discussion on residency from work through the accredited employer pathway. I can't tell if this is good news or bad news. Myself and many of my colleagues are planning on applying for residency through this pathway and are hoping when we get to level 2 INZ might be able to broaden their processing scope.

Hi Erin,

Just wondering what is the current procedure for assessing sustainability of the employer/business under the SMC-RV? What evidence is typically required from the employer/business to present to INZ? I'm just trying to be as prepared as I can for when (all fingers crossed within this year) I get assigned a CO, so that I/my employer have all the paperwork in check to be able to send it off as soon as it's requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vccgg View Post
    Hi Erin, thank you for the explanation.
    I work in healthcare and during this lockdown period i had to work even more hours and days due to staff shortage.
    My residence visa application is in process and i got a PPI. I provided more documents in response a couple of weeks before lockdown, but that hasn't been processed yet. Can you please tell what you think about how these changes will be impacting my application?
    Thanks and regards.
    It depends on what the PPI letter was about.

Unfortunately I don't think CO's will be back to processing Residence applications for at least another 2-3 weeks, and even then, it's going to take them a while to get back up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
    There doesn't seem to have been any discussion on residency from work through the accredited employer pathway. I can't tell if this is good news or bad news. Myself and many of my colleagues are planning on applying for residency through this pathway and are hoping when we get to level 2 INZ might be able to broaden their processing scope.
    No discussion in terms of any impact this Covid-19 situation will have on RFW applications, but in terms of processing RFW applications, they are at the bottom of the priority list while Covid-19 restrictions are in place, along with SMC applications.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_wild View Post
    Hi Erin,

Just wondering what is the current procedure for assessing sustainability of the employer/business under the SMC-RV? What evidence is typically required from the employer/business to present to INZ? I'm just trying to be as prepared as I can for when (all fingers crossed within this year) I get assigned a CO, so that I/my employer have all the paperwork in check to be able to send it off as soon as it's requested.
    A CO will usually request financial statements for at least 2 financial years and GST returns for at least 6 months, at a minimum. A more detailed verification may include requests for company bank statements and financial forecasts.

Thank you Erin.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast