I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your guidance and help with my job search in the fields of import-export, supply chain, or international business.

I completed my Master's in International Business from Massey University and currently hold a post-study work visa valid until July 2024. An immigration advisor I consulted with suggested that I would be eligible to apply for residency if I could secure a job as an import-export clerk.

However, despite my best efforts, I have not been able to land a job in my desired field. While I have been working in the banking and finance industry for over a year, I am yet to get an interview for any import-export roles. More than 80% of job listings in this field ask for at least two years of relevant experience, and unfortunately, I lack corporate experience in this field. I have had my resume and cover letter professionally tailored, and I have been actively applying for import-export clerk roles, but so far, no luck.

I have completed several practical projects related to import-export during my university studies, but I understand that practical experience is what recruiters and employers value most. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions from this community on how I can improve my job search and finally start working in the field that I am passionate about.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post