Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOI selection suspended

Hello guys,

I just received a job offer as a full-time permanent teacher in New Zealand. I am a registered teacher by the teaching council and I realized the EOIs applications are closed at the moment.

However, in the webpage says:

The Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) and Residence from Work (RFW) Category applications will be prioritised for allocation to an immigration officer if the principal applicant is in New Zealand and:

is paid twice the median wage or higher (currently NZD $51 an hour or NZD $106,080 a year), or
    works in an occupation where registration is required by immigration instructions and holds that registration.
    Can I still appy for EOI/SMC and therefore residency? How is it working now?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kracius View Post
    Hello guys,

I just received a job offer as a full-time permanent teacher in New Zealand. I am a registered teacher by the teaching council and I realized the EOIs applications are closed at the moment.

However, in the webpage says:

Can I still appy for EOI/SMC and therefore residency? How is it working now?

Thank you
    EOI selections are not happening since lockdown, so you can have an application in the EOI pool but when it will be selected remains a big question and the webpage information is applicable for the applicants who have submitted their application after getting an ITA or have an active ITA

Thank you for your quick answer! Can I leave an EOI in the pool? I was thinking to start the process next week. Thank you for your answer, you are awesome!

That page you quoted is about prioritization of applications that are already in. Though all I can find on the INZ website is "selections for expressions of interest are suspended until further notice", I don't believe they are taking in any new EOIs for the pool at the moment.

Sorry, I donīt know if I explained myself properly. What I meant is, can I start a new EOI and leave it there, even if they are not currently assessing it?

You explained fine and I understood that that is what you meant. But I don't THINK they are at present taking new EOIs into the pool, which would mean INZ clerks had to log them in to get into the pool.

I don't know, either, if the system is able to receive EOIs just to sit there and be ignored until such time as clerks are given the word to start dealing with them again. I would worry that they might vanish into cyberspace...

Have you tried asking INZ? - though the call answerers may not know, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kracius View Post
    Sorry, I donīt know if I explained myself properly. What I meant is, can I start a new EOI and leave it there, even if they are not currently assessing it?
    It's possible to lodge an EOI at the moment - if you lodge one with 160+ points, it will be submitted into the Pool and just sit there until the next Pool draw (whenever that may be). Even if they don't resume draws for another 6+ months (the usual validity of an EOI in the Pool), your EOI will just stay in the Pool until the first draw (SM2.1.10).

Thanks, Erin. All the best, Kracius.

I apologise for the delay, thank you guys. You are all awesome,

I am going to apply for the new work visa and also lodge an EOI since I have 160+ points, I will leave it there until they continue the assessments. Fingers crossed.

Special thanks to JandM, it has been 2 crazy years and I am almost there...

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    It's possible to lodge an EOI at the moment - if you lodge one with 160+ points, it will be submitted into the Pool and just sit there until the next Pool draw (whenever that may be). Even if they don't resume draws for another 6+ months (the usual validity of an EOI in the Pool), your EOI will just stay in the Pool until the first draw (SM2.1.10).
    I called INZ callcenter a month ago. The call answerer suggested that applying EOI during suspension would not give you advantage of being processed earlier in the queue when EOI is reopened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12