Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI selection suspended

Default EOI selection suspended

Hi frnds,
    There is a rumour that INZ has suspended EOI selection of SMC visas till further notice, is it correct ?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Hi frnds,
    There is a rumour that INZ has suspended EOI selection of SMC visas till further notice, is it correct ?

Regards,
    also heard the same. in my view, unless you have a priority job. it makes no different

Please notice, a lot of information is being collected on the new sub-forum, Corona virus (Covid-19) related matters, which you can see here. https://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 There is a sticky thread there, started by EGoodhue, where she is keeping us informed of INZ's reactions to the crisis as they are updated to LIAs. When the time comes (probably not until after the pandemic emergency has passed) that any actual changes to the regulations are made, the announcements will come from the INZ Media Centre, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-notifications

In any emergency situation, there tend to be rumours, which people spread with a great deal of conviction though they're not necessarily true. Whenever you hear a rumour, for your own peace of mind, check for the source of what is being told you, before you get upset about what may only be someone's guesswork. The links above are places where you can see facts.

A lot of questions are being asked about what WILL be done in the future, and in most cases, the only honest answer is that WE DON'T KNOW yet. The government won't tell INZ and the public how things will be picked up after the emergency is over until the time comes, and they probably haven't yet made the big decisions themselves, till they see the effects that the crisis has had. Watch the INZ Media Centre for the announcements - but there will be a long wait till they happen.

Well said JandM

EGoodhue said:

"Selections of Expressions of Interest from the Skilled Migrant Category and Parent Category pools are deferred until further notice."

What a crazy time. I feel sad for the pause button this has pressed on so many plans.

Does this mean that they're going to stop processing the applications that are already in? I mean, what happened to the people who had Parent Visas years ago? Were they processed if they were picked? As far as I can remember, they were left in limbo and eventually cancelled.....pretty much like what's been happening with SMC visas for the last year anyways. Or does this only affect people in the pool who have not been selected?

It sounds obvious, but INZ usually make one statement that means many different things. My question is; what happens to the people who have already been waiting for case officers for more than 12 months??? Do those applications now just get cancelled??

Quote Originally Posted by BoerieNZ View Post
    Does this mean that they're going to stop processing the applications that are already in? I mean, what happened to the people who had Parent Visas years ago? Were they processed if they were picked? As far as I can remember, they were left in limbo and eventually cancelled.....pretty much like what's been happening with SMC visas for the last year anyways. Or does this only affect people in the pool who have not been selected?

It sounds obvious, but INZ usually make one statement that means many different things. My question is; what happens to the people who have already been waiting for case officers for more than 12 months??? Do those applications now just get cancelled??
    No one has said anything about current applications being cancelled. They just aren't selecting EOI's right now because INZ staff, by and large, aren't working due to being non-essential.

"The Government has decided to suspend a number of visa programmes, including selections for Expressions of Interest (EOI) in:

the Skilled Migrant Category, and
    the Parent Category.
    This is a temporary measure. Immigration New Zealand will continue to reassess and determine when EOI selections can take place as the situation develops.

We acknowledge this will be disappointing for a number of people. However, while our capacity is limited we need to focus our available resources on essential services visa applications.

We also want to:

avoid potential public health risks that would result if we encouraged travel by individuals while New Zealand is at a heightened COVID-19 alert level
    provide fairness to applicants by discouraging applications that we are not able to process at the moment."

Ah that makes a lot more sense and a lot more context @MagicPizza. Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast