Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post study work visa

Default Post study work visa

Hi everyone,

I need some help with regarding our visa applications.

I am intending to apply for 1 year post study work visa then apply for my husband and school aged children afterward.

Firstly, Could I be kindly advised on the right visas for my husband and children. I believe for my husband its Partner of a Worker Work Visa and for my children it will be Dependent Child Student Visa.

At this uncertain time, INZ is prioritizing essential critical and visa applications. According to INZ link https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visas...Visas can be applied at any time. I am confusing.

Lastly, time frames for Dependent Child Student Visa is 77 days..that means my husband with timeframe 24 days has to wait for our children's visas to be approved.Please confirm.
    At this very uncertain times, I am coping day by day with increased concern for my family's welfare and being away from them at this pandemic. I will appreciate any advises from Admins and members of similar experiences. Thanks and stay safe.
    Last edited by miracle79; 30th April 2020 at 01:28 AM.

See here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...291#post589291 You will see there that your kind of visa is one of the ones given priority to be processed, if you are currently in New Zealand.

However, you should be aware that none of the hoped-for 'normal' processing times (for any visa) can be relied upon at present, so there is no way to predict how soon you may get your visa.

You don't have to wait to apply for your husband's and children's visas if you don't want to - you can apply for them all at the same time, linking them with a covering letter, and INZ will supply information you don't have at the moment, such as your visa number, as it becomes available. It seems, though, that your family's visas aren't going to get priority for processing, whether you apply now or later. The time-frames quoted on the INZ website are meaningless for now. The borders are closed. Even people with current temporary visas are not being allowed into the country, unless their skill set is the kind that can help with dealing with the pandemic. There is no end to the border closure foreseen officially at the moment, but it's unlikely to be until there is a great improvement in international means of dealing with Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...291#post589291 You will see there that your kind of visa is one of the ones given priority to be processed, if you are currently in New Zealand.

However, you should be aware that none of the hoped-for 'normal' processing times (for any visa) can be relied upon at present, so there is no way to predict how soon you may get your visa.

You don't have to wait to apply for your husband's and children's visas if you don't want to - you can apply for them all at the same time, linking them with a covering letter, and INZ will supply information you don't have at the moment, such as your visa number, as it becomes available. It seems, though, that your family's visas aren't going to get priority for processing, whether you apply now or later. The time-frames quoted on the INZ website are meaningless for now. The borders are closed. Even people with current temporary visas are not being allowed into the country, unless their skill set is the kind that can help with dealing with the pandemic. There is no end to the border closure foreseen officially at the moment, but it's unlikely to be until there is a great improvement in international means of dealing with Covid-19.
    Thank you so much JandM for your prompt response. That cleared my doubts during this pandemic hard times. Considering the border control closures and visa processing priorities, I will just apply for my visa first then go from there? I am already graduated and my visa is extended till 20th Sept.

Few questions below? I have asked INZ call centers but not clear to me.

1. Do I still have to submit my post study work visa after 3 months of completing my course?

2. With the extension of my student visa till Sept, could I still leave NZ to join my family and apply from my home country? Using the visa expiry date September 2020 or is it Emergency and I could not leave NZ. Considering borders in both countries open for international travel. Please confirm.
    Last edited by miracle79; 30th April 2020 at 10:46 AM.

You should apply for all visas together, at the same time, online. They will be separate applications for each family member, but you can then submit them all together as a Group Application. This will mean they will be allocated to one Immigration Officer all together, assessed together and visas issued together (or at least within a day or two of each other, as sometimes happens). Processing timeframes are unknown at the moment though - the timeframes on the INZ website do not apply at the moment. No offices are open and only very few Immigration Officers are working from home, so processing timeframes are set to get very long until we reach Level 1 or Level 2 - even then, there will be a backlog for INZ to work through, so it's a good idea to get your applications in now, rather than wait, as then they will be ready and waiting for INZ to assess once normal operations resume.

You need to provide evidence that you've completed your qualification when you apply. And you need to apply no more than 3 months after the end date of your student visa. 3 months after the end date of your student visa is the latest you can apply - I would suggest applying as soon as you have finished your course.

I would strongly suggest you don't leave NZ at the moment unless you absolutely have to. Being outside NZ while the borders are closed may mean you will not be permitted to come back in until the borders are open again - and this could be 12 months away from now!

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    You should apply for all visas together, at the same time, online. They will be separate applications for each family member, but you can then submit them all together as a Group Application. This will mean they will be allocated to one Immigration Officer all together, assessed together and visas issued together (or at least within a day or two of each other, as sometimes happens). Processing timeframes are unknown at the moment though - the timeframes on the INZ website do not apply at the moment. No offices are open and only very few Immigration Officers are working from home, so processing timeframes are set to get very long until we reach Level 1 or Level 2 - even then, there will be a backlog for INZ to work through, so it's a good idea to get your applications in now, rather than wait, as then they will be ready and waiting for INZ to assess once normal operations resume.

You need to provide evidence that you've completed your qualification when you apply. And you need to apply no more than 3 months after the end date of your student visa. 3 months after the end date of your student visa is the latest you can apply - I would suggest applying as soon as you have finished your course.

I would strongly suggest you don't leave NZ at the moment unless you absolutely have to. Being outside NZ while the borders are closed may mean you will not be permitted to come back in until the borders are open again - and this could be 12 months away from now!
    Thank you so much EGoodhue for your prompt response. Helpful information that relieve my worries.

Appreciate both you and JandM for providing clear information and understanding from a student's perspective.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by miracle79 View Post
    Thank you so much EGoodhue for your prompt response. Helpful information that relieve my worries.

Appreciate both you and JandM for providing clear information and understanding from a student's perspective.

Best regards
    Hi JandM and EGoodhue,

I am quite stuck because I am doing group application....please refer to this part ......."You should apply for all visas together, at the same time, online. They will be separate applications for each family member, but you can then submit them all together as a Group Application".....I am applying for post study work visa...so to support my family to join me here in NZ...I am not sure which is the right parent visa status for me.

....Eligible work visa holder or Eligible student visa holder.

I am currently student visa holder but already graduated level 5 diploma few weeks ago...hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

You will be an eligible work visa holder. The grant of your family's visas are dependent upon your work visa being granted first - so by the time your family's visa applications are processed, you will be an eligible work visa holder by then.

Appreciate and thank you so much EGoodhue for your prompt help. Best wishes at this very uncertain time.

Hi there,

Any recommendations of PRINT shop opening at Level 3....really need for my online documents to upload but could not access to stationery shop. Checking all nearby stores and still closed. Fingers crossed in Level 2..or any alternatives?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miracle79 View Post
    Hi there,

Any recommendations of PRINT shop opening at Level 3....really need for my online documents to upload but could not access to stationery shop. Checking all nearby stores and still closed. Fingers crossed in Level 2..or any alternatives?

Thanks
    I often receive documents from people who have used CamScanner - I believe you can take photos of your documents with your phone or tablet and it produces them at the same quality as scanned documents...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast