Thread: SMC Renumeration - Company car?

Default SMC Renumeration - Company car?

Hi everyone - I'm up for a promotion this week (yay), and I have been tentatively offered the full use (business and personal) of a brand new work vehicle valued at $30,000.
    Sooo...my question can this count towards the remuneration threshold for SMC Visa? I'm currently in the mid-skilled employment band (and am likely to remain in it even with the salary coming with the promotion), but if I could add the value of the company car I would definitely be over the 106k salary for priority processing.
    Fairly sure that it probably doesn't count...but hey a girl's gotta dream! Can anyone clarify just so that I can bring an alternative solution forward to my manager, as getting my residence visa is a much higher priority then getting a company car anyways
    Cheers!

SM6.20 contains the instructions on how remuneration for the Skilled Migrant Category is to be calculated. Only accommodation-related allowances are included, and then only under specific circumstances: other employment-related allowances (such as your company car) are not included.