Thread: NZQA Level 7

Default NZQA Level 7

I've got my qualification accessed at IQA. The outcome is as below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Computing

Awarding Body: University of xxxx, United Kingdom

Year of Award: 20xx

Duration: 1 year

Assessment Outcome: Qualification at Level 7

The qualification was studied part-time.

This qualification was studied at xxxxxx.

Entry into third year of the Bachelor of Science in Computing degree was granted based on previous study.
    NZQA fully recognises the learning outcomes of the above qualification at the level shown. However, there
    are no comparable qualification types at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My understanding is when it comes to SMC, I can claim educational points as same as Level 7. Am i correct?

When I submitted IQA, I've also included to evaluate my education for Long term skill short list(LTSS). However, NZQA replied and said that since my year of study was only 1 year, they won't be able to access LTSS.

If I would like to claim LTSS point, should I contact "Chartered IT Professional New Zealand"? I do have more than 3 years of post-qualification work experience.

sc.jpg
    Last edited by mgmg; 4th May 2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo error

If I would like to claim LTSS point, should I contact "Chartered IT Professional New Zealand"? I do have more than 3 years of post-qualification work experience.
    It looks as though that is your only available route to LTSSL points.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It looks as though that is your only available route to LTSSL points.
    Thanks JandM.. If I do not want to claim LTSSL points, with my IQA assessment outcome "Qualification at Level 7", I'm eligible to claim qualification point for level 7 with regard to SMC, Is my understanding correct?

I know this is an old thread, but mgmg, if you see this, I'm wondering if you can give more detail about your degree? I am thinking about getting a bachelor's degree in computer science, and I expect it to take less than a year, and I'm concerned that NZQA will not recognize it as equivalent to a NZ bachelor's in computer science.

It seems absurd to me that they can penalize you for completing a degree in a short amount of time. Or is the issue here that the university waived the first two years of study? On what basis did they waive it?

Is this a degree that normally takes 4 years to complete?

Weeth7mo, mgmg has not been on this forum since 13th Jan this year so will probably not see this. Once you have made 5 posts on this forum you will be able to pm them and they may respond but no guarantee of that