Thread: Second Work Visa under Partnership

Default Second Work Visa under Partnership

Hi, just wondering where I can email nz immigration. I just wanted to ask about my visa ...

My situation Details

Last year I was granted 1 year work visa under partnership ( it is 1 year only because my partner and I are not yet living together for more than1 year) And I flew to nz October last year
    my visa will be expire this coming october .

Before lockdown here in nz.. I apply for another working visa even my visa is not yet expired but this time I'm expecting they will grant me a 2 years visa..because we are already living for more than 1 year now ..

I'm waiting to Case officer but no CO Message me,instead I received an email from nz immigrantion (can't reply to that email) says I was granted another work visa.

My question is it was suppose 2 years working visa because my partner and I are already living together for more than 1 year .

I don't think you are going to be able to get an answer on this point until after the INZ offices reopen fully.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't think you are going to be able to get an answer on this point until after the INZ offices reopen fully.
    Do you know any email address where I can message them? And ask why I just got 1 year work visa instead of 2 years?

No, I don't. For several years now, INZ have steered queries to their telephone answerers. They, along with most INZ employees, are mostly not working.

My guess is that your new visa is part of the measures being brought in to deal with groups of people quickly, all the same, rather than processing each case individually. The advantage is that you (and others in a similar situation) can be counted as "dealt with" for now, so COs can be assigned to more complicated work. Your group's status won't be an issue now for months ahead.

JandM, my two year work visa (SMC visa application already submitted) is expiring on 29 Sep 2020. Do you think my work visa will also get extended because of COVID 19 or I need to apply for its renewal? Thanks in advance

Whether or not they will count your situation as one of the ones to be given blanket treatment under the new Bill, we shall have to wait just a few more days to find out. They're saying it MAY be passed on Friday. (I think it would make sense to include those like you, but that's ONLY GUESSWORK. )

Thx a lot JandM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn_2019 View Post
    Hi, just wondering where I can email nz immigration. I just wanted to ask about my visa ...

My situation Details

Last year I was granted 1 year work visa under partnership ( it is 1 year only because my partner and I are not yet living together for more than1 year) And I flew to nz October last year
    my visa will be expire this coming october .

Before lockdown here in nz.. I apply for another working visa even my visa is not yet expired but this time I'm expecting they will grant me a 2 years visa..because we are already living for more than 1 year now ..

I'm waiting to Case officer but no CO Message me,instead I received an email from nz immigrantion (can't reply to that email) says I was granted another work visa.

My question is it was suppose 2 years working visa because my partner and I are already living together for more than 1 year .

Was it another partnership work visa?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPizza View Post
    Was it another partnership work visa?
    Yes . So my visa now will expire 2021