Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citizenship contact details letter

Quote Originally Posted by vicknee View Post
    I just received email.

New timeframe for processing citizenship applications

Like all of you, we have had to make big changes as we respond to COVID-19.  Over the past 8 weeks, we have had limited people in our offices with most working from home. This has meant it’s taking longer to process applications than what we normally would expect.

In the email you received confirming that your application had been submitted, we told you that we would contact you about your application within 3 months. This timeframe has now been extended to be about 6 months. 

We understand that this may be significantly different from your expectations. We are doing our best to try and process your application as soon as we can, but wanted to make sure you knew about this delay.
    When I received an email once application was submitted a week ago, it said applications will be processed within 5 to 10 months.

Reading the email info which has been sent you, some of us may have to wait till November.

Looks like there is backlog of applications to be processed.

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by vicknee View Post
    I just received email.

New timeframe for processing citizenship applications

Like all of you, we have had to make big changes as we respond to COVID-19.  Over the past 8 weeks, we have had limited people in our offices with most working from home. This has meant it’s taking longer to process applications than what we normally would expect.

In the email you received confirming that your application had been submitted, we told you that we would contact you about your application within 3 months. This timeframe has now been extended to be about 6 months. 

We understand that this may be significantly different from your expectations. We are doing our best to try and process your application as soon as we can, but wanted to make sure you knew about this delay.
    Hi vicknee,
    I never received any email or letter by post like that. Did you ask them about your application or they just send you this automatically, as far as I know it has been 6-10 month since start of April where as you have applied 2 weeks ago it should have been 6 months anyway. Thx

Hi there

I have applied online on 07th of May 2020 for NZ Citizenship. On May 27 the I have received similar timeframe processing email which says processing time is 6 months. Is it faster if we submit the application in person. Now we are going to be in Level 1 soon can i make an appointment in person to verify the documents?

Does anyone have more information?

Thanks
    hutch

Citizenship Office will contact you if they need to have an interview with you.

I don't think they will allow you to book an appointment to verify the document as you have applied online and you are not lodging application in person.

I called to book an appointment very early once they started to book face to face appointments. But the latest was available only in 2nd week of July.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12