Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship contact details letter

Default Citizenship contact details letter

I received a letter from DIA for personal details check, and have asked me let us know urgently if your details changes, what next now? And do I need to do anything as my address and details haven’t changed? Thanks

This is likely because the Department of Internal Affairs will post your citizenship certificate to you (all citizenship ceremonies are cancelled, and the requirement to attend one waived, due to COVID-19). For reasons which I hope are obvious, DIA does not want to send this to an incorrect address.

Failure to respond will trigger DIA's lost contact procedure, where they will make every reasonable attempt to reach you for up to six months, and decline your application if they are unsuccessful in doing so. As such, irregardless of your address not having changed, you should respond.

See the Citizenship Guidance Document for more detail on both of the above.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 18th May 2020 at 06:34 PM.

In the letter it only says let me know urgently if any of your details have changed. It doesn’t exactly says to respond to this letter, so you reckon I should flick a short email to my case officer with I have received a letter and my details are correct. Or should I add something else too thx

Hi Khan1192,

Can you please share your Citizenship timeline?
    Thank you

If for any reason you do not wish to share your timeline on the forum you can always use the PM system.

Can you please share your Citizenship timeline?
    Thank you

Applied end of April got Personal details letter on 11th of May. How abt you? Have you applied yet?

Yep, I m online applied 2 weeks ago. Haven't receive any letter.

Quote Originally Posted by vicknee View Post
    Yep, I m online applied 2 weeks ago. Haven't receive any letter.
    By looking at others timeline, Citizenship Office usually update 4 to 5 weeks or 2 months in some cases. It is just a wild guess by reading other timelines.

Kind Regards

I just received email.

New timeframe for processing citizenship applications

Like all of you, we have had to make big changes as we respond to COVID-19.  Over the past 8 weeks, we have had limited people in our offices with most working from home. This has meant it’s taking longer to process applications than what we normally would expect.

In the email you received confirming that your application had been submitted, we told you that we would contact you about your application within 3 months. This timeframe has now been extended to be about 6 months. 

We understand that this may be significantly different from your expectations. We are doing our best to try and process your application as soon as we can, but wanted to make sure you knew about this delay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast