Thread: Joint account statements

Default Joint account statements

We sent our es work visa, partner work visa and visitor visa applications in just before the lockdown. They were entered into the system on April 30th with a backdated lodgement date of March 20th. Today Iíve received an email from our case officer asking for joint bank account statements for the last 6 months. Iím wondering in what form shall I submit them? Do they have to show every transaction or just the ones between us? And shall I black out the amounts or just leave it as is? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post
    We sent our es work visa, partner work visa and visitor visa applications in just before the lockdown. They were entered into the system on April 30th with a backdated lodgement date of March 20th. Today Iíve received an email from our case officer asking for joint bank account statements for the last 6 months. Iím wondering in what form shall I submit them? Do they have to show every transaction or just the ones between us? And shall I black out the amounts or just leave it as is? Thanks for your help.
    We just printed ours but we were sending hard copies. A pdf should be fine though. We didn't redact anything, in fact the opposite. We actually went through and highlighted big ticket purchases like any furniture or white ware and sent receipts for those amounts too to show we had been buying things together. We also annotated bill payments and sent copies of the bills. I think we were far more thorough than you need to be but tried to cover every base to avoid further questions.

Email PDF's to your CO, with nothing blacked out and including every transaction from the period requested. If you lodged your application online, also upload them to your online application. The CO should have explained this, but they are looking for evidence of financial interdependence between you and your partner. So they want to look at what you spend your money on together.

Thanks, Iíll send these through tomorrow.