Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Clarification About 2PC check

Yes msum the other person applied in December last year and their employer is accredited( govt organisation).

I had been asked for payslips back in end Jan and my employer has not been contacted so far. Haven't heard anything from my CO since mid Feb. Last Wednesday call center said it was too soon to call that nothing had changed since my last call. I'm under registered occupation. Maybe I should call again
    Last edited by kwlzdk; 20th May 2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope14 View Post
    Yes msum the other person applied in December last year and their employer is accredited( govt organisation).
    When did you apply in January? Just want to know what date they are on now...

I'm a little confused by the scenario, as the TA in the SMC team confirmed to me via email yesterday that they are only up to allocating priority applications that were lodged in late November 2019. So I'm not sure how any applications lodged in December 2019 or January 2020 would have jumped the queue. Either one of two things has happened:
    1. The TA has given me incorrect information and the queue is actually further ahead than late-November 2019; or
    2. Your application is being 'triaged' by a Support Officer, who is doing an initial assessment on your application and ensuring that everything is on file and up-to-date before it gets allocated to the CO, who will then be able to make a straightforward verification and decision without having to spend time asking for updated documents (somethings support officers are used in this way to help manage the backlog, doing part of the CO's job for them at the front-end of the process).

But the message from the call centre about the second person check is even more confusing.

I would ask your LIA to follow up directly with INZ and get a clear understanding of what is going on with your application, as it seems wires have been crossed somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I'm a little confused by the scenario, as the TA in the SMC team confirmed to me via email yesterday that they are only up to allocating priority applications that were lodged in late November 2019. So I'm not sure how any applications lodged in December 2019 or January 2020 would have jumped the queue. Either one of two things has happened:
    1. The TA has given me incorrect information and the queue is actually further ahead than late-November 2019; or
    2. Your application is being 'triaged' by a Support Officer, who is doing an initial assessment on your application and ensuring that everything is on file and up-to-date before it gets allocated to the CO, who will then be able to make a straightforward verification and decision without having to spend time asking for updated documents (somethings support officers are used in this way to help manage the backlog, doing part of the CO's job for them at the front-end of the process).

But the message from the call centre about the second person check is even more confusing.

I would ask your LIA to follow up directly with INZ and get a clear understanding of what is going on with your application, as it seems wires have been crossed somewhere along the way.
    Thanks for the information Erin. I am confused with the INZ process for allocations. I also know someone that have a RTW with lodgement 5 of Dec 2019 and it is already contacted by a CO. I guess the application was in the priority queue.

Hi Erin I have inboxed you. Can you please check whenever you get free?

Quote Originally Posted by francovm View Post
    Thanks for the information Erin. I am confused with the INZ process for allocations. I also know someone that have a RTW with lodgement 5 of Dec 2019 and it is already contacted by a CO. I guess the application was in the priority queue.
    Were they allocated before INZ removed the method of all RFW applications automatically being allocated as a priority? Before 24 Feb this year?

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Were they allocated before INZ removed the method of all RFW applications automatically being allocated as a priority? Before 24 Feb this year?
    Nope, this happens after the changes were announced, a couple of days after. This is the reason why everything is so confusing related with allocation process. I don't understand the process and number of queues. Why there are people with priority that applied in Jan 2020 and they already have been approved, but when you asked about the oldest applications under review, the answer was late-Novembre 2019 for priority queue.

Maybe all this is related with escalation process. I dunno

Hello Hope14. Any update re your application?

Hi Smurfjfj37

No we haven’t received any update yet. Still in the second person check. Called call centre today morning and got to know that staff are working on teams based and working alternative weeks. So have to wait few more weeks to get any results.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast