Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Clarification About 2PC check

Default Need Clarification About 2PC check

Hi All

Would like to share about my experience with INZ.
    Applied for SMC in January 2020 and been in queue, then been waiting for CO allocation and keep checking with customer centre for any status change. Even though applied through LIA not much of a help. Called call centre two weeks back as level 2 was about to announce still got the same reply waiting for CO allocation as our application falls in priority category.

Husband called today to call centre and they gave him answer that assessment has been done and sent to 2nd check On 15th May 2020 for quality control hopefully will get decision in 4-6 weeks due on current situation. Then I called little later to re-confirm that if it is true or any mistake happen as we were told CO hasn’t been allocated 10 days back, but they re-confirmed the same and said wait for two weeks and give them a call.

We have emailed LIA asking if he got any email from CO introducing themselves or asking any information and also checked with HR at work place. HR replied no one contacted them from immigration so far. But LIA replied that our application is with officer and asked to send payslips from Jan to May.

My question is without checking with employer or any questionnaire or payslips how did they sent for 2nd check and now they sent LIA an email asking for payslips. It’s quiet confusing and don’t know if to raise our hopes to get decision so quickly.

Please Erin and JandM give your inputs on this so we can have a little bit peaceful mind.

Without being at the INZ CO's shoulder, nobody can tell you exactly what has been being done.

Two thought occur to me. 1) The telephone answerer can only call up whatever information has been entered on the INZ computer system. They're not in the same place with the CO. So it may be that 10 days ago, the CO had not yet entered all the action taken into the computer, so you couldn't be told about it at that time. 2) - and this is just my speculation without access to any definite knowledge. Although in normal circumstances the CO would have required the paperwork from your employer BEFORE sending your case for 2pc, possibly in these times, and with you being a priority case, they've made an assumption that everything is going to be all right, and will send the payslips on to catch up with your file as it waits for the 2pc official's attention.

Thank you JandM for your thoughtful reply. We thought the same. Will fingers crossed 🤞 for next step. Sent payslips to LIA this evening will see what happens next.

Hi Hope,

Fingers crossed that all go well for you. Mind to know do you meet priority criteria? Thank you.

Yes only occupational registration part.

Your post gives us hope that atleast things are moving at INZ. Can you plz tell me did you apply for work to residence visa or Job search visa to resident visa conversion ? Was your employer accredited?

Our application is Skilled Migrant category Resident visa applied through husband’s job
    But can assure you things are moving at INZ
    Another person applied for same at husband’s work place is also got contacted by INZ yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope14 View Post
    Our application is Skilled Migrant category Resident visa applied through husband’s job
    But can assure you things are moving at INZ
    Another person applied for same at husband’s work place is also got contacted by INZ yesterday.
    As usual, looks like only priority applications are moving and normal people that have been waiting for 17 months they let them wait even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    As usual, looks like only priority applications are moving and normal people that have been waiting for 17 months they let them wait even longer.
    Unfortunately many might lose their job (or already might have lost in last 17 months while their Application was with INZ) in the upcoming months (and I really pray no one has to go through this), and then by this Residency approvals numbers would also look lower in 2020 (a good thing for govt from election perspective), plus INZ took heaps of money from such Applicants to pay their Staff. Not a bad deal I guess (killing two birds with one stone). Considering the current Job Market and the crisis it would bring, NZ would want (and must) house their own people first which will leave thousands of applicants hanging in the dark waiting for an outcome.

The person who got contacted also applied in January ? And is your employer accredited ? Asking because maybe that's the reason they didn't contact the company and decided to go ahead with the pay slips.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast