Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need Clarification About 2PC check

There's no set time, because cases vary in complexity, and in any case, your file probably joined a queue for the 2pc official's attention. Honestly, two days is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by msum View Post
    Yesterday morning I was informed by call center that my file is no longer in the queue and has been allocated a second person officer. I find it strange that two whole days have passed with no update yet. Has anyone encountered such a thing ? How many days a second person check usually take after a file gets allocated to a second person officer ?
    As JandM has said, two days is pretty minor in the scheme of things. I don't actually think there's any way for the call centre to identify that an application is physically with a 2PC officer in the system, so they may have just been trying to tell you that your application has gone forward to the 2PC process because they see that your CO has made a recommendation on your application. But there's no one 2PC officer an application is 'assigned' to that shows in the system, that I know of. It likely just shows that your application is in the 2PC 'queue' and will make its way forward in due course. Depending upon when your application went to the 2PC stage, it's taking more than a month for an application to make its way through the 2PC process at the moment.

Oh it's strange. Last week they told me its in queue for second person since 9th june. Yesterday I asked them twice if they actually mean its still in queue ? The person clearly said 'No its not in queue anymore. It has been assigned to a second person' . Let's hope what you are saying is true as it can't reach a second person in 14 days even on priority basis.

When you phone INZ, the answers you get to your questions depend on what the telephone answerer finds when looking on the INZ computer. Your answers therefore depend on, on the one hand, what notes any CO has entered about your case, and on the other hand, how good a searcher the person is - how accurate they are, how persistent they are, what keywords they use, and whether or not they quickly recognize what is or is not relevant. The telephone answerers are not trained COs, and they aren't in direct contact with anyone working on your case. This is why it has been known for years that it's perfectly possible to ring INZ four times within 24 hours asking the same question, and to get four different answers. Sorry, but that's how it goes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345