Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Clarification About 2PC check

Thanks for that info..we have the same timeline. We were contacted by CO last may 14 and ask for payslip and ird summary earnings.after that haven't heard from our CO again.

Hi,

Thanks so much Erin for all your posts on this forum, this is so helpful.

First post here, I feel like I'm going to bring more confusion

Application lodged on 4th of December 2019, meeting priority criteria, but not contacted by a CO yet (my employer neither).

I'll call them on Tuesday to enquire (didn't do it before as priority queue was supposed to be 27-nov-19).
    Last edited by FranceMay; 31st May 2020 at 02:21 AM.

Hello and welcome.

The vast majority of INZ COs have not been working during the lockdown, and are only just back at work. So there are probably two reasons why you haven't heard anything yet. 1) There will be a date-order queue even for priority applications. (That's probably why you hadn't had any response before the lockdown.) 2) The COs are probably finding some confusion in their work left abruptly, and it's taking a bit of time to sort themselves out now they're back in the office.

Hi all
    Just called immigration to follow up our application status as it was in for second person check for last three weeks just came to know that they kept our file in hold as our child is in offshore atm they cannot process our application. But myself and my husband ( principal applicant) are both onshore working in essential services. Another method for INZ not to process applications.
    Very well INZ congratulations not only we don’t get residency until borders open and can’t even apply visa for my son as he is offshore.

Really pissed off by their rules said they cannot process application until all the applicants are onshore. They have to hold our application until he is onshore in NZ. I haven’t heard about this rule before. Does anyone know about this. Please anyone shed some light on this. Any inputs on this are highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hope14 View Post
    Really pissed off by their rules said they cannot process application until all the applicants are onshore. They have to hold our application until he is onshore in NZ. I haven’t heard about this rule before. Does anyone know about this. Please anyone shed some light on this. Any inputs on this are highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    The only criteria specified at A16.1 regarding the priority with which Residence applications will be treated states "where the applicant is offshore", but it's not clear which applicant they are referring to or what happens when only 1 of 3 applicants is offshore (as in your case). It seems they are making it up as they go along.

That seems crazy that they're going to hold your application when it is in the very final stage all because one applicant is offshore. Once granted, your son's Resident visa will allow him to travel to NZ up to a year after the issue date. It would be worthwhile challenging INZ's decision on this one - I'll message you an email address to try.

Thank you so much for your quick reply Erin. We think INZ just need any small reason to hold the applications not to process anymore. We felt lucky to reach to final step without any hurdles but didn’t anticipate this. Will try email them to ask if they can finalise our application as I cannot even apply new visa application to bring him to NZ. We all know they are not going to process any kind of offshore applications. I don’t know what’s the solution for this problem. Thank you again for listening to me.

Hi Hope14, any news with your visa. We are in the same boat, my daughter is offshore.

any news how long is the second person queue for priority cases these days?

in my case 2pc took around 16 days total

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast