Thread: Permanent Resident visa (PRV) - Speeding ticket + unsuccessful visas from other countries?

Default Permanent Resident visa (PRV) - Speeding ticket + unsuccessful visas from other countries?

Hi all,

There is a question on the PR visa form about the previous visa rejections:

"refused a visa/permit to visit, work, study or reside in any country, excluding New Zealand?"

I had one unsuccessful residency visa application (during 2012) while I was already on a work visa in that country.
    I had mentioned this in my NZ resident visa during 2015/2016.

Should it be mentioned in the my PR visa application again?

This question is under the character issue section, so I'm just thinking if it should be mentioned again? since it was already informed to INZ in my original resident visa application?

Also, I have a speeding ticket, I paid $80 for driving at 93KM in 80 zone. Should this be mentioned in the character section?

Can I answer NO for this question?
    "convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years,
    involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol
    content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs?
    "

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Thank you!
    Last edited by farfaraway; 19th May 2020 at 08:01 PM.

I had one unsuccessful residency visa application (during 2012) while I was already on a work visa in that country.
    I had mentioned this in my NZ resident visa during 2015/2016.

Should it be mentioned in the my PR visa application again?

This question is under the character issue section, so I'm just thinking if it should be mentioned again? since it was already informed to INZ in my original resident visa application?
    Yes, and give the same (obviously satisfactory) explanation as to why it happened. The CO who deals with your PR application won't be the same one who dealt with your Residence, or necessarily even in the same building as her/him. Make it easy for this CO - provide the information right there on her/his desk, and don't expect that s/he will go looking for your old application.

Also, I have a speeding ticket, I paid $80 for driving at 93KM in 80 zone. Should this be mentioned in the character section?

Can I answer NO for this question?
    "convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years,
    involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol
    content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs? "
    An "offence" is when the person has been called to court and the punishment has been decided by the judge there. When the person receives a ticket from a speed camera, or is dealt with by police at the roadside, this is called an "infringement", and isn't a conviction that goes on their police record. So you can answer 'no' to that question - however, for the sake of showing full honesty, most people write 'paid infringement only', and give details of what they did and the fine paid.

Thank you JandM!

content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs? "
    I have a question, if a person got charged "careless driving" by the NZ police for a car accident, got called to court, but ultimately the charge got dropped as they received a diversion, do they still need to admit yes in this questionnaire?

As in my previous post - though this isn't a conviction, for the sake of showing full honesty, it should be mentioned.

Fair enough, basically mention everything for the sake of full honesty. Thanks JandM