Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Any CO allocation since Level 3 alert?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Got my first contact from CO today. They also contacted my employer.

    SMC (meet priority criteria based on salary)
    EOI Selected 23 Jan 2019
    Application Lodgement 21 Mar 2019

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flatironjoe View Post
    Got my first contact from CO today. They also contacted my employer.

    SMC (meet priority criteria based on salary)
    EOI Selected 23 Jan 2019
    Application Lodgement 21 Mar 2019
    Were you successful in an escalation request for this?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Escalation based on salary above 106K used to work before the lockdown, they don't prioritise those applications anymore I believe. Could anyone please confirm this?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    They are still prioritizing such applications.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Yes, applications where the principal applicant earns at least $51 per hour or an annual salary of $106,080 or above are still being prioritised for allocation, as per A16.1.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    Escalation based on salary above 106K used to work before the lockdown, they don't prioritise those applications anymore I believe. Could anyone please confirm this?
    I think it was less an "escalation" and more a nudge to say put them in the right queue and look at the application now please. I am curious, if I was to start earning over $106k as a January 19 applicant would that put me number 1 in the queue as technically my lodgment date is far earlier than others in the priority queue.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    I think it was less an "escalation" and more a nudge to say put them in the right queue and look at the application now please. I am curious, if I was to start earning over $106k as a January 19 applicant would that put me number 1 in the queue as technically my lodgment date is far earlier than others in the priority queue.
    In theory, yes - if they are allocating priority applications lodged in November 2019 and then yours moved into the priority queue as of now, it should go to the front of the priority queue.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    I think it was less an "escalation" and more a nudge to say put them in the right queue and look at the application now please. I am curious, if I was to start earning over $106k as a January 19 applicant would that put me number 1 in the queue as technically my lodgment date is far earlier than others in the priority queue.
    Yes, this is what happened in my case. At the time of lodgement (March 2019) I did not meet the priority criteria. I got a pay rise in Feb 2020 that put me over the threshold. I updated INZ with my new employment agreement, and while my request for "escalation" was denied, they did confirm that my case "has been tagged for faster allocation for meeting our priority criteria." That was right before lockdown, so didn't hear anything until now that they are back to work under Level 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •