Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any CO allocation since Level 3 alert?

Got my first contact from CO today. They also contacted my employer.

SMC (meet priority criteria based on salary)
    EOI Selected 23 Jan 2019
    Application Lodgement 21 Mar 2019

Quote Originally Posted by flatironjoe View Post
    Got my first contact from CO today. They also contacted my employer.

SMC (meet priority criteria based on salary)
    EOI Selected 23 Jan 2019
    Application Lodgement 21 Mar 2019
    Were you successful in an escalation request for this?

Escalation based on salary above 106K used to work before the lockdown, they don't prioritise those applications anymore I believe. Could anyone please confirm this?

They are still prioritizing such applications.

Yes, applications where the principal applicant earns at least $51 per hour or an annual salary of $106,080 or above are still being prioritised for allocation, as per A16.1.

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    Escalation based on salary above 106K used to work before the lockdown, they don't prioritise those applications anymore I believe. Could anyone please confirm this?
    I think it was less an "escalation" and more a nudge to say put them in the right queue and look at the application now please. I am curious, if I was to start earning over $106k as a January 19 applicant would that put me number 1 in the queue as technically my lodgment date is far earlier than others in the priority queue.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    I think it was less an "escalation" and more a nudge to say put them in the right queue and look at the application now please. I am curious, if I was to start earning over $106k as a January 19 applicant would that put me number 1 in the queue as technically my lodgment date is far earlier than others in the priority queue.
    In theory, yes - if they are allocating priority applications lodged in November 2019 and then yours moved into the priority queue as of now, it should go to the front of the priority queue.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    Yes, this is what happened in my case. At the time of lodgement (March 2019) I did not meet the priority criteria. I got a pay rise in Feb 2020 that put me over the threshold. I updated INZ with my new employment agreement, and while my request for "escalation" was denied, they did confirm that my case "has been tagged for faster allocation for meeting our priority criteria." That was right before lockdown, so didn't hear anything until now that they are back to work under Level 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12