Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any CO allocation since Level 3 alert?

Default Any CO allocation since Level 3 alert?

Hi everyone,

Just wonder if you or you have heard anyone has CO allocation since level 3. Curious about what INZ's attitude at the moment. If you know any information, would you mind also describing applicants' occupation, renumeration and so on.

Many thanks!

Temporary visa applications have been being allocated throughout Level 3, mostly Partnership-based work and visitor visas.

SMC teams have only started returning to the office since Level 2 began last week, and only in small numbers, and allocations have not yet resumed.

Something really strange has come up. I had sent my application on 23rd March just before lockdown. Throughout the alert level 3 the call center told me lodgment date is not visible in system and they can't see any application in the system. They told me many parcels are unopened and I should try calling them in level 2 alert.
    I called them this Monday and they confirmed they have received my application and lodged it in the system as well. Then I emailed the visa escalation for priority allocation and was replied that they can't give me an indicative time when will my CO get allocated but they will contact me themselves soon.

Today INZ callcenter has informed me CO has been allocated on 25th March to my application. I asked this twice! find it really strange !

Quote Originally Posted by msum View Post
    Something really strange has come up. I had sent my application on 23rd March just before lockdown. Throughout the alert level 3 the call center told me lodgment date is not visible in system and they can't see any application in the system. They told me many parcels are unopened and I should try calling them in level 2 alert.
    I called them this Monday and they confirmed they have received my application and lodged it in the system as well. Then I emailed the visa escalation for priority allocation and was replied that they can't give me an indicative time when will my CO get allocated but they will contact me themselves soon.

Today INZ callcenter has informed me CO has been allocated on 25th March to my application. I asked this twice! find it really strange !
    Thanks for this info. Did you apply for a SMC? If so, May I ask what were the arguments for the escalation? I just want to figure out what can of situation they will consider as a valid reason for escalation.

The people at the call centre can only tell you what has been entered on the INZ computer system. If your case being allocated to a CO had not been entered yet when you called previously, they wouldn't have known anything to tell you.

Yeah but the strange bit is they received my application via courier on 25th March so how is it even possible that CO is allocates same day the parcel is received.

Nobody can tell you exactly how things are being worked in the INZ offices at the moment. The normal routine isn't back in place yet. It's not worth trying to understand, I don't think - just be thankful if your case is making some progress!

They are currently escalating if salary is above 106K (please do check the exact figure) and occupation is having current registration.

Just to correct yourself it's OR not AND (any of the criteria would work to get application prioritized).

Yes Either option would work. Good that you corrected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast