Thread: Prioritizing VOC

Default Prioritizing VOC

Could anyone please tell me, is there any priority processing for VOC/Essentail skill work visa
    1) If the Salary is higher - double than the medium wage (106800 PER ANNUM)

No, I don't so. INZ has stated that work visa applicants can request prioritisation based on the following:
    • compelling personal circumstances,
    • humanitarian factors, and
    • matters of national interest.

I suspect you will need to be a very strong case in order to have an application prioritised.

Not that I know of, sorry. But there is always the option to make a case to employmentvisaescalations@mbie.govt.nz. No harm in asking via that email address - the worst that can happen is that INZ say No and you're still in the same place as you started.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Not that I know of, sorry. But there is always the option to make a case to employmentvisaescalations@mbie.govt.nz. No harm in asking via that email address - the worst that can happen is that INZ say No and you're still in the same place as you started.
    Thanks a lot @EGoodHue,
    I have mailed to employmentvisaescalations@mbie.govt.nz to escalate my VOC on essential skills work visa, As my salary is above 106K and my residency application is also in the queue with my old job
    Waiting for their reply, Will let u know the outcome for reference

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter_1990 View Post
    Thanks a lot @EGoodHue,
    I have mailed to employmentvisaescalations@mbie.govt.nz to escalate my VOC on essential skills work visa, As my salary is above 106K and my residency application is also in the queue with my old job

HAHAHAHA @EgoodHue
    mistake from immigration, IAM IN NEW ZEALAND and WORKING CURRENTLY

reply from escalations

Dear XX,

As you are currently outside of New Zealand, you need to submit a request for a travel exception to New Zealand. The process and the link to make a request for this exception is on our website at:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions

Thank you for raising this matter.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter_1990 View Post
    Thanks a lot @EGoodHue,
    I have called immigration contact center and literally asked the contact center person to call manager immediately and inform him that i am in the country and he kept me on hold
    he called the manager and talked
    I have got a reply back that

We have considered this request for escalation, but do not find that the application warrants prioritisation in this case. This application will remain in our queue pending allocation to an Immigration Officer.

We appreciate your understanding that not all requests can be granted. Please note that INZ will not be responding to further communication regarding this request and the justification of our decision.
    Dont know, he has gonethrough my email or not as well, he sent me this email in 1 min

Gosh, what a terrible lack of attention to detail they have!

It seems they are denying everyone's requests at the moment - I've made 3 requests via that email address myself this week on behalf of some of my clients and all have been denied. The escalations process is a joke - there are no set criteria and it seems that decisions are made based on how the manager answering the email is feeling in that very moment

Gosh, what a terrible lack of attention to detail they have!

It seems they are denying everyone's requests at the moment - I've made 3 requests via that email address myself this week on behalf of some of my clients and all have been denied. The escalations process is a joke - there are no set criteria and it seems that decisions are made based on how the manager answering the email is feeling in that very moment
    Even if they are registered or high salary?

Quote Originally Posted by francovm View Post
    Even if they are registered or high salary?
    No, as those are put into the priority queue automatically (save a rare few that slip through on human error). I have made cases based on people's mental health suffering, the prohibitively high cost of applying for new temp visas for a family of 5 and also people with children due to start primary school who would need to apply for a student visa if Residence isn't processed before the child turns 5. All denied with no reasoning and absolutely zero compassion shown by INZ.

No, as those are put into the priority queue automatically (save a rare few that slip through on human error). I have made cases based on people's mental health suffering, the prohibitively high cost of applying for new temp visas for a family of 5 and also people with children due to start primary school who would need to apply for a student visa if Residence isn't processed before the child turns 5. All denied with no reasoning and absolutely zero compassion shown by INZ.
    Thanks Erin for the info and sorry to hear all the request have been denied.