Thread: Get home loan with overseas income

Default Get home loan with overseas income

I have been living in Auckland for 2.5 years and thinking of getting our first house. I have a full-time job but my partner is freelancing for her previous company overseas.
    We have checked with ASB in 2019. Then ASB can only lend us 70% given that they cannot consider my partner's overseas income as part of the loan consideration.

I've read that there are few tiers when it comes to lenders. Major banks (BNZ, ASB, ANZ, KiwiBank, etc) are classified as the first tier and seem like they will not use overseas income as part of the consideration.
    So I just want to find out if anybody can share their experience under the same circumstances now or in the past and able to get lenders to consider overseas income?

Thanks

if the income comes to your verifiable NZ bank account and shows a trend

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatoo View Post
    I have been living in Auckland for 2.5 years and thinking of getting our first house. I have a full-time job but my partner is freelancing for her previous company overseas.
    We have checked with ASB in 2019. Then ASB can only lend us 70% given that they cannot consider my partner's overseas income as part of the loan consideration.

I've read that there are few tiers when it comes to lenders. Major banks (BNZ, ASB, ANZ, KiwiBank, etc) are classified as the first tier and seem like they will not use overseas income as part of the consideration.
    So I just want to find out if anybody can share their experience under the same circumstances now or in the past and able to get lenders to consider overseas income?

Thanks