Thread: Working Holliday Visa

Default Working Holliday Visa

Kia Ora,

Just wondering if I can apply working holliday visa if I'm previously granted an open WORKING VISA under Partnership before.

I don't think you can apply for holiday working schemes now as INZ has temporarily suspended. This information is in the INZ website under COVID 19 Key Update Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Sim1602 View Post
    I don't think you can apply for holiday working schemes now as INZ has temporarily suspended. This information is in the INZ website under COVID 19 Key Update Announcement
    I mean when everything is already okey ..

@Lyn_2019 You had mentioned in previous threads that you hold an open work visa through partnership until 2021... can't you use that anymore (Obviously once borders are opened)? What could be your reason for applying for WHV when you already hold an NZ visa?

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    @Lyn_2019 You had mentioned in previous threads that you hold an open work visa through partnership until 2021... can't you use that anymore (Obviously once borders are opened)? What could be your reason for applying for WHV when you already hold an NZ visa?
    When my visa expired ..
    Because residency is expensive so I need to save.
    So im thinking after my open work visa on 2021 I will apply WHV .

Moving from a partner-sponsored work visa to partner-sponsored residence is based on the fact of a proven partnership - consistently living with the partner who is a NZ citizen or resident. If an applicant doesn't apply for another partnership based visa when the first one is coming up for expiry, INZ tend to suspect that the partnership has broken down, so it isn't as straightforward to move onto a further partner-sponsored visa later.

Also, you would not normally be eligible for a WHV in your situation - already set up living in NZ with a job and a partner. It's a working HOLIDAY visa. It's for people who have a life set up in another country that they're going to go back to after their sight-seeing visit to New Zealand.