Thread: PR Application delivered as per tracking, no payment deducted nor email confirmation

Default PR Application delivered as per tracking, no payment deducted nor email confirmation

Hello all,

Asking on behalf of a friend.

My friend couriered his PR application to Immigration NZ's address (for courier purposes) just about a week ago.

He was hoping to receive some sort of status update on the Immigration NZ login but it only shows status from 2 years ago.

He also checked his bank account and the funds of $210 hasn't been charged yet.

As per tracking, the courier was delivered.

How can one find out the status of a PR application if there's no email received nor funds deducted? My friend was hoping that he could some form of status updates even if payment hasn't been deducted yet.

Is there an email address to ask if PR application has been received, not really wanting to know decision since understandably the time-frame is about 20 working days.

Thanks for any inputs.

Famed

Upon arrival at INZ, the application still has to go through the post room, waiting in date order to have the details entered in the system and the money taken. When this happens, the 'lodgement date' will be counted as the day it arrived. However, EGoodhue recently said that there were longer queues than usual for lodgement, because nobody has been in the offices during lockdown. Your friend may well find that it will be at least four weeks, if not more, before there is a sign of something happening. And even if that '20 working days' came off the INZ website, he'd better resign himself to waiting far longer, as these are not normal times.

Hi,
    We sent our PR application in on the 16th of May and we received an email on the 28th of May that it had been received and the money was then taken from our bank account. So hang in there they are doing their best. 🙂

Doing their best but obviously, prioritising some faster than other, I sent my residency application on 1st of March and haven't heard anything from them so far...

Your friend may call the INZ contact center and ask information about his PR application. The online system is quiet obsolete so it may not be update regularly.
    I sent my PR application the 15th May, the mail was delivered the 20th May and I received an email from INZ that my application is on queue to be processed the 30th May. So far I haven't received any other update and my online status hasn't changed yet. I think we just have to wait, PR applications aren't high priority.