Thread: JSV expiry date/Offshore travel limitations

Angry JSV expiry date/Offshore travel limitations

Dear all members,

Your advice to my circumstance would be greatly appreciated.

I have been granted a Job Search Visa In 2019 with an entry expiry date on 15 July 2020. Over the year, I’m offshore All the time and I have been applying for job unsuccessful however I just have been in contacted with one NZ employer with potential position. As the process goes by and upcoming visa expiry date, I might have to give up but before doing that, I would like to seek comments from any experienced members here.
    - As some of the visa holder has been granted expiry date extension, I’m out of the scope but will there be any other round of decision? I have tried to contact CO but waste of time as they do not consider offshore applicant for any prioritization.
    - Should I pursue with interviewing and processes if you were me. I am not sure in case I can secure my employment, job offer, with less than a month time to entry NZ, also flight limitations, etc. never mind to say give up.

Please feel to ask any information may I have not provided. Thank you and appreciate your response in advance.
    Hope all is well and stay safe during this situation.

Just go with the interview and tell the employer your condition.
    So far, I have not come across any announcement on visa extension for JSV holder who is offshore. At fisrt, I also thought that JSV will get extension in the new bill. But seems like JSV holder offshore is a low priority.
    At the same time, lodge complains at INZ and join the petition that are being prepared by enz members.
    Do not simply give up bcoz you have spent your money & time for this application. Fight for it!