Thread: Partnetship Based Visa

Default Partnetship Based Visa

Hi

The new entry criteria at the NZ borders as updated on the website says that

"Partners, dependent children (aged 19 years or under if they hold a temporary visa or 24 and under if they hold a resident visa) of New Zealand citizens or residents who hold a visa based on their relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident partner or parent may enter NZ without first seeking approval."

I am currently in NZ on resident visa. My wife and dependent child holds resident visa but they haven't made the first entry on that visa. I was the principal applicant, my wife was the secondary applicant and child was the dependent child in the resident visa application. I want to confirm if my wife visa is considered as partnership based visa and can they travel to NZ now?

It would be great if someone can provide clarity on this.

Thanks

Can you please give a link to the page where you found that wording? I haven't found exactly that, and would need to see the context in order to comment.

Hi JandM

It is recently updated on the immigration website on 18th June 2020. The exact wordings are in 2nd bullet under heading " Who may travel to New Zealand without first seeking approval"

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions

Thanks

No, this paragraph concerns people holding visas such as the Partner of a New Zealander visa (work or residence) and the Dependent Child visa (student or resident). As people mentioned on your original residence application, your wife and child were granted residence visas under SMC, not under the partnership category.