Thread: Including Partner in SMC Application After Submitting

Default Including Partner in SMC Application After Submitting

Hi everyone,

I'm using my partner's account to post this

My partner has submitted his SMC application in July 2019 and still waiting to be allocated to CO. In his application, he has declared me as his partner, but not included in the application. We have been together for more than 4 years The reason is around the time he submitted, I didn't have time to gather the document for myself and the evidence of our relationship. So we decided to let him apply for himself first, then I would apply for partnership visa after his resident granted.

However, as everyone knows that the SMC application has been backlog, huge delay and both of our graduate open work visa is expiring in March 2021, and we are quite sure that his resident won't be granted on time and thinking of applying Essential Skill work visa and I apply work visa under partnership at the same time while waiting for his resident. However, I can see that the problem will rise up when his resident is granted while I'm still on work under partnership

My question is can he add me in his SMC application now when he already declared that I wouldn't be included initially? Would it affect his EOI point and delay the processing even more(or start again at the end of the queue)? I just want to know if it's worth for me start gathering documents and medical check up now which is very costly and time consuming. I don't want to send all the document the INZ and later realise that they don't accept it

I haven't seen anyone with similar case. I saw some posts about adding a new born to application so I'm not sure if my case is the same? Anyone experience this?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can add a partner to an SMC application right up to the point that the application is finalised. Same deal as adding a new child that is born during the processing. Just need to submit all the necessary mandatory documents (passport, birth cert, meds, police certificates, evidence of relationship) and ask for it to be added to the relevant application number.