Thread: Citizenship waiting time

Default Citizenship waiting time

Kia ora everyone

Just lodged my citizenship application today, and wondering if anyone has done the same recently?? What is the waiting time like now amidst the corona and post-lockdown?? My case officer told me it could take up to 5-7 months...but I am just thinking it is a pretty straight forward process, as I have submitted almost all required documents...

Welcome to share

Quote Originally Posted by Zen95 View Post
    Kia ora everyone

Just lodged my citizenship application today, and wondering if anyone has done the same recently?? What is the waiting time like now amidst the corona and post-lockdown?? My case officer told me it could take up to 5-7 months...but I am just thinking it is a pretty straight forward process, as I have submitted almost all required documents...

Welcome to share
    Hi Zen95,

Did you apply in person?

There are few people on this forum including me who have applied for Citizenship in recent times and it looks like it may take 5-6 months to hear about your application.

If your case officer has told you to expect 5-7 months then it must the timeframe you have to be expecting. Anything earlier is well and good 👍🏻

Hey

Yes I did..when did you lodge your application?

That is really bad for an easy application to take up such long time...

Hey

Maybe it is just an easy application in your opinion. There will be other applications except yours, and probably some that haven't been worked on during lockdown in front of yours. With PR you've got about 99% of the rights a citizen has, so where is the rush .....

Hey

Applied a month ago.

Same here Applied on 07 May 2020 Online. Still no reply from Citizenship Office. Any update or anyone applied same time as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutching56 View Post
    Same here Applied on 07 May 2020 Online. Still no reply from Citizenship Office. Any update or anyone applied same time as me.
    No updates.

Some of my friends who applied in Feb/March had their application processed in 3 to 4 months.

We might get an update by August.

Quote Originally Posted by My New Zealand View Post
    No updates.

Some of my friends who applied in Feb/March had their application processed in 3 to 4 months.

We might get an update by August.

To my experience if you have applied in person or by post it would be about 5 to 6 weeks on average, online applications are taking a bit longer compare to post or in person. Good luck with your application

Just an update regarding online applications.

Online applications are allocated to a case officer immediately once you submit the application.

According to automated voice recording of citizenship office, applications are taking 4-6 months to be processed and in some cases, case officer may contact you in 6-8 weeks.