Thread: PR Visa confirmation ok to return

Default PR Visa confirmation ok to return

My husband and me were granted PR Visas on 13th November 2019 whilst we were in NZ. We then left NZ on 1st December 2019 to return to the UK in order to arrange the sale of our house and return to NZ to live in time for the birth of our 2nd grandchild this August.

COVID-19 has prevented the sale of our house and delayed our return but the house is now back on the market again and we intend to make the move back to NZ this October.

I have assumed that we would automatically be allowed back as we have PR visas and an address in NZ to return to and we understand that we will be required to quarantine, as things stand at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that I'm assuming correctly. I don't want to be turned away at the border when our house contents are heading to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by DottyOne View Post
    My husband and me were granted PR Visas on 13th November 2019 whilst we were in NZ. We then left NZ on 1st December 2019 to return to the UK in order to arrange the sale of our house and return to NZ to live in time for the birth of our 2nd grandchild this August.

COVID-19 has prevented the sale of our house and delayed our return but the house is now back on the market again and we intend to make the move back to NZ this October.

I have assumed that we would automatically be allowed back as we have PR visas and an address in NZ to return to and we understand that we will be required to quarantine, as things stand at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that I'm assuming correctly. I don't want to be turned away at the border when our house contents are heading to NZ.
    You're both on PR visas, you can come back whenever you like

Quote Originally Posted by DottyOne View Post

As per Section 108(1) of the Immigration Act, the holder of a Permanent Resident Visa must be granted entry permission.

Section 108(1) is now trumped by new section 113A. Who can enter the country is given here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by everest View Post
    Section 108(1) is now trumped by new section 113A.
    This statement is likely false, as reasoned here. Also note that INZ's border closures and exceptions remain consistent with Section 108.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    This statement is likely false, as reasoned here. Also note that INZ's border closures and exceptions remain consistent with Section 108.
    Thanks..Good to know that there had been some clarification sought on this!