Thread: tourist visa for my younger brother

Default tourist visa for my younger brother

hi everyone, i am looking for the information for applying a tourist visa for my younger brother without sponsorship. He is 29 years old and currently in Doha Qatar on work visa but he holds Indian passport. I know at the moment boarders are close but once the boarders open what are the chances for him to get a tourist visa and what are the requirements.
    Thanks.

Essentially, there are two main things one must convince INZ of in order to obtain a Visitor Visa (from having family come visiting us):

• Proof of sufficient funds to support the stay
    • Incentive to leave NZ at the end of the stay (which includes, but is not limited to, onward travel arrangements)

How one should go about this really depends on one's individual circumstances: I can't (legally) offer more specific advice than the above.

Take a look at the Visitor Visa factsheet, and V2 in the operational manual (also V1, but ignore V3 as that covers special categories of visitors, which a generic tourist does not fall under).

Incentive to leave NZ at the end of the stay (which includes, but is not limited to, onward travel arrangements)
    From other people's experience, it appears that INZ often require to see an 'incentive' such as a settled home and commitments in a foreign country, and a job, course of study, or own business that the person will need to get back to when the holiday visit to NZ is over.