Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skilled migrant - Health Issue

Default Skilled migrant - Health Issue

Could any one please clarify me on this, I have applied skilled migrant residence visa in June 2019
    CO assigned today and worked on my case
    CO mailed that

I am unable to finalise your application today because I am waiting for your partner’s medical outcome. We can defer her application if we are satisfied she meets all the requirements
    There are some abnormalities and previously only assess for temporary application.

and another email
    Before deferring her application for 4 months, I must satisfy she meets all the requirements. If not I am unable to decide your application.

Any idea, what's happening?

Have you received any demands for more medical information about your partner? Medical requirements for temporary visas are not as strict as those for residence, so it's possible that there can be more investigations necessary, even though her medical was satisfactory for an earlier visa.

I mailed her back
    Thanks CO,
    I completely understand. So please advise next steps, and what is it that I should be doing. Submit a specific medical report? Looking forward for some clarification.

BUT I GOT A SIMPLE REPLY

If anything requires, I will contact you.

So she was updating you... she sounds to be pretty much on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter_1990 View Post
    Could any one please clarify me on this, I have applied skilled migrant residence visa in June 2019
    CO assigned today and worked on my case
    CO mailed that

I am unable to finalise your application today because I am waiting for your partner’s medical outcome. We can defer her application if we are satisfied she meets all the requirements
    There are some abnormalities and previously only assess for temporary application.

and another email
    Before deferring her application for 4 months, I must satisfy she meets all the requirements. If not I am unable to decide your application.

Any idea, what's happening?
    Did you request for Escalation on your application?, the non-priority queue is stuck at Dec 2018 so not sure how come they are in June. Anyways i am happy for you

Well I know some one as well who lodged in April 2019 and did not qualify priority criteria or did not even do EVE request.
    I raised this with INZ complaints and got following reply.

"I am writing in response to your feedback which was sent via webform and received by Immigration New Zealand (INZ) on 24 June 2020. Your feedback has been referred to me as an Immigration Manager of Manukau Area Office and, having reviewed your correspondence and the file it concerns, I am now in a position to respond on behalf of INZ.

I understand the principal grounds of your complaint to be the following:

1. You have concerns around the time your application has been in the queue pending allocation to an officer;

2. You have concerns that INZ have been inconsistent in our approach with allocating applications; and

3. You have concerns over the fairness in the allocation process.

INZ’s response

Ground 1 – concerns around the time your application has been in the queue pending allocation to an officer

We recognise that timeframes for allocation have increased. Unfortunately, due to a significant increase in volumes of Skilled Migrant and Residence from Work applications, our processing timeframes including timeframes for allocation have increased. The recent lockdown has also meant that we have been unable to allocate new applications out of our queue during the months of March through May, which has increased our allocation timeframes further.

Unfortunately due to current timeframes and volumes, I cannot guarantee when your application will be allocated. We are currently looking to allocate applications that we received on 19 December 2018.

Ground 2 – concerns that INZ have been inconsistent in our approach with allocating applications

Thank you for your recent correspondence in which you provided further details in regards to the application your complaint is referring to.

As noted in this correspondence, I am unable to provide reasons regarding why particular applications have been allocated for assessment due to the privacy. However, I can confirm that I have investigated the allocation of this application and I am satisfied that correct procedures were followed in regards to that allocation. Thank you for your feedback on this matter and allowing us the opportunity through having a specific case to review our processes around allocation.

Ground 3 – concerns over fairness in the allocation process

Complaints are considered ‘merits-based’ where a specific system or process issue or shortcoming is not identified – for example a claim that something was unfair. I have identified this ground as a merit related ground of your complaint. Please note the purpose of INZ’s complaints and feedback process does not include addressing merits related grounds of a complaint. I will therefore not be responding to you regarding this matter.

Thank you for writing and raising these issues with INZ. "

TBH I have no faith in this system now.

I wonder what the reason could have been?

Working for govt? or spouse is teacher or nurse? employer mailed INZ? I don't think INZ will consider the local MP mailing them about an application.

What could it be?

None of them apply to the application that was allocated .
    Infact we have same ANZSCO code , same employer , same job title.

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    None of them apply to the application that was allocated .
    Infact we have same ANZSCO code , same employer , same job title.
    He must have done a EVE but doesn't want to tell you for some reason.

pretty unlikely.
    Coz they are my one my closest friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast