Thread: Visitor visa extension question

Default Visitor visa extension question

Hi guys, just need your valuable suggestions.

My mother came on 5 months general visitor visa, which is expiring in a week. So i will need to file an application for extension.

Now i want to know, am i right to assume that, i have to apply for 4 months extension and she will get an extension of 4 months general visitors visa as she had 5 months visa before.

And main question is that, do i need any medical or police certificate.

Thank you in advance

Anyone guys ????!!
    Got the answer that needed a chest xray but the visa is expiring in a week and all the medical centres i called gave me the appointment after 2 weeks. So what should i do ???!!!

Noone came across this situation ??? Geez!

Refer to A4.25 for when you must provide a Medical Certificate and/or a Chest X-ray Certificate with respect to a temporary entry class visa application, and refer to A5.5 for when character checks are carried out with visa applications.

For a stay on a temporary entry class visa between 6 and 12 months, no Medical Certificate is required, but a Chest X-ray Certificate is required if the applicant is considered to have risk factors for tuberculosis. A person is considered to have risk factors for TB if they hold a passport issued by a country not on the Low TB Incidence list, or they have spent a combined total of 3 or more months in a country not on the Low TB Incidence list in the past 5 years. See A4.25.10 (or the INZ 1121 guide) for the Low TB Incidence list.

No police or similar certificate will usually be required for a person applying for a temporary entry class visa who intends to stay in New Zealand for less than 24 months, but one may be requested regardless at the absolute discretion of an Immigration Officer.

If you are required to submit a Chest X-ray Certificate, you cannot submit your further Visitor Visa application without it (E4.45). Most physicians these days will submit the medical certificates directly to INZ through the eMedical system: the physician will provide you with the reference number (NZER), which you must include in your visa application. Physicians not on the eMedical system (i.e. still on the old paper-based system) are required to submit the paper-based results to INZ directly as well: INZ states in the aforementioned INZ 1121 guide that you will need to provide the name of the clinic where your health examination was completed with your visa application, together with attaching the receipt for the fee paid, as evidence that the examination took place.

If you cannot meet the requirements to lodge a further Visitor Visa before your current Visitor Visa expires, you are in New Zealand illegally and risk being detained and deported. You must either leave New Zealand immediately, or make a request for a special temporary or resident visa under Section 61 of the Immigration Act (but only if you believe you have a special case). Find out more about Section 61 requests here.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 13th July 2020 at 06:39 PM.

Thank you soo much kelerei for the detailed response!