Thread: essential skills visa questions

Default essential skills visa questions

I have been made redundant due to covid-19 and I have some questions about a new role I'm applying for:

- Currently I have visa for the role "marketing coordinator". The new role will be called "communications coordinator". I will be doing the same but the title is just a bit different. Do I need to put in an application for a whole new work visa or can I apply for a variation of conditions?

- The role has only been posted on their social media. Is that enough? For them its ideal as the right candidates will follow their account and they are a charity, so don't have a big budget to put the job ad on seek or trademe. Would immigration be ok with this?

Hope someone can help me

Social media only will not be accepted as a genuine attempt to find NZers to do the job. The job will have to be advertised on a far-reaching recruitment platform; Seek, Indeed, TradeMe jobs etc.

The job title is not the same as your current job title, if your employer is named on your ESV, you will have to apply for a new work visa as you can only vary your employer, not employer and job title.

"If you have an Essential Skills Work Visa, and your job is not on a skill shortage list, you can only apply to change your employer.

You need to apply for a new work visa to:

change job
    location, or
    to change employment to a lower skill-band."

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ng-a-work-visa