Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two applications in process?

Default Two applications in process?

Hi,
    I'm on a work visa - post study work visa - got one more year validity, and I've applied for my residency in May 2019 with no news about it (non priority queue)
    I applied for partnership based visitor visa in August last year and it was declined because we had a court marriage. Ours is an arranged Indian wedding. We later had a traditional wedding in Dec and I applied for GVV in Feb (immigration NZ advised me 4/7 times to apply for GVV as I'm not eligible for PVV - I had attached the emails from immigration advising me to apply for GVV and not PVV to the case officer). It was with a case officer in Mumbai, just before the lockdown - she sounded positive - was asking for the medical report (he's got Diabetes) and my husband's travel to other country details. I know that now offshore application is not processed. I'm just thinking about the future, if they say partnership visa will be processed in the future, and I've applied for GVV for my husband, there will be a delay (I think GVV will be the last visa application to start processing to avoid Covid 19) - it wouldn't be processed, isn't it? So do you think I should apply for a partnership now - keeping the GVV as it is (to be processed when the processing being again)? And if the GVV gets approved, I can then withdraw the PVV. Or if there's a delay in GVV being processed, the PVV is still in queue.

Or is it that I can't have two applications at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by elsa25; 15th July 2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Whatever order the NZ government eventually decide visas for overseas applicants can be processed in when at some future point they open the borders, I don't understand why you think your husband would be eligible for a partner-sponsored visitor visa then, when he wasn't in the first place, as you have been in different countries and haven't clocked up more time living together.

Hi JandM, thanks for replying. I don't think my husband will be eligible for the PVV, but as the second set of advise I got from immigration was to put for a PVV, and if found that I'm not eligible for it, to request them to grant us a GVV. My friends applied for PVV, and and he got a confirmation that that they were granted a GVV instead. I also read in the migrants NZ Facebook page that it makes a difference to have a partnership application in process when applying for an exception. (I know it's only for residents and citizens now, but what if they have that option for partners of temporary visas later?) (I just assumed they will process partnership based visas before general visitor to contain Covid)
    So do you think it's not wise to apply for a PVV as well? I do not have the intention of withdrawing the GVV as that was with a case officer.

I have a feeling I have seen some official comments about these two visas several months ago. I'll see if I can find them, then get back to you.

Thankyou I appreciate that very much, JandM.

Hi JandM, any suggestions for me?

What I had seen before was nearly a year ago, so I doubted that it would necessarily be the same now. I messaged EGoodhue to ask her if she could tell us what the up-to-date position is on this, but I haven't heard back from her so far. (I notice she hasn't been on the forum lately, so I'm guessing she is busy with her work.)

Hmm, I'll wait till EGoodhue responds then Thanks JandM. In the meanwhile if you come across a similar situation from anyone else on what they did, let me know please. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been absolutely swamped with work from current and new clients!

There's nothing to prevent you having more than one application in at once for your husband, but I would save yourself the money and the time involved in making a new application and just wait it out with the current application you have in play. There's no indication that one type of application will be processed over another type once offshore offices are operational again, so I don't believe there's benefit in having more than one type of application in to 'beat the queue'.

Thanks, Erin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast