Thread: Partnership Evidence Help

Default Partnership Evidence Help

Hello everyone,

I've submitted the rental contract, joint bank statement, car insurance covering 2016-2018, and a support letter from our friend.

"However to further assess the partnership aspect of instructions I would require some additional evidence to establish that you both have been living together prior to arriving in NZ. I also note that you both are currently living apart. This makes it a little more complicated and would require further information. Please provide further additional evidence in the following form:
    · Correspondence received by both parties jointly and individually to the address you both have been living together.
    · Any other evidence that can be used as evidence of living together."

We've closed our telephone lines so I don't have access to that. Our rent included all utilities and furniture. Could anyone help me generate ideas of what else I can provide?

What the CO has suggested is very useful - letters and deliveries you received, each of you separately or between you, at the same address. These prove that various people and businesses knew that you were each/both to be found there.

Here https://www.google.com/search?client...tnership+proof are old threads with discussion of evidence, including examples of what other people have used.

I used phone bills, insurance bills, mortgage bills, etc. which show the same address for me and my wife and they were fine. (I mean I sent ton of evidences but those were ones of them)

Send more bills, bank account statements, postcards/birthday cards and other letters addressed to the same address etc. (I sent heaps but am pretty sure that some or most of it wasn't scanned into the system as the CO requested exactly the evidence I had sent... -- I sent most of the same stuff again AND added some new letters and that was fine). More ideas are in the link above JandM suggested.
    For the period of living apart, add evidence that proves you are keeping in touch: connections via skype/emails/viber/whatsapp chats etc.

We recently sent in our updated documents as my husband changed job and we moved to a new town.
    Here is a list of documents we sent in for our partnership

1. tenancy agreements, reference letter from our previous and current landlords, communication/emails with landlords
    2. supporting letters from neighbours, friends and relatives
    3. proof of joint commitments - bankstatements, utilities bills, insurance policies which ever letter refer to different names but shows the same mailed address as a proof of living together over a period of time
    4. travel itineraries, air tickets, proof of traveling together
    5. call logs, exchange of messages while being apart of each other - before covid, i travelled to my home country quite often and sometimes we are away from each other for a month or two, so i keep those screenshots of our communication
    6. marriage certificate, photos taken together over the period of the relationship
    7. a brief timeline on how the relationship grows and whats the future plan together

hope this list helps. living apart needs more evidence to show the effort you guys put in to maintain the relationship. there was once we had to print out all the call logs and messages over a period of 6 months because my husband was here and i was in our home country taking care of family members. and even so, you can add supporting letters from family members how they think your relationship is stable and genuine despite living apart.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your input. Compared to what you provided, I feel I provided nothing initially.
    I added more chat log, my new tenancy agreements (my partner's name is on as we thought he would come after Christmas -- a joke), our mails when we lived together, and our wedding ring orders which shipped to us separately at the same address. I thought I had exhausted what I have and was surprised I could dig a bit more every time.

I asked her today if she needs anything else and when my application can be finalized. (I am the unlucky prioritized one submitted in Jan last year but got reassigned to this new CO). She said she is in contact with the partnership team to see what information is lacking so my partner's visa is still pending. I thought that visa was suspended because my partner is offshore. I am so confused... what do you think she meant?

It doesn't seem to make sense, but then, we're not in the INZ office. There's no way to tell you what your CO has in mind. You could ask her.