Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship Update

Greetings from my side I just want to ask as my wife main applicant on resident visa condition 49 applied on our visa but My wife is pregnant and due date is octuber 2020 so will be able to apply citizenship for our new born baby if we are on resident visa condition 49
    2- If yes how can we apply citizenship for new born baby

Quote Originally Posted by Agam13c View Post
    Greetings from my side I just want to ask as my wife main applicant on resident visa condition 49 applied on our visa but My wife is pregnant and due date is octuber 2020 so will be able to apply citizenship for our new born baby if we are on resident visa condition 49
    2- If yes how can we apply citizenship for new born baby
    As per Section 6 of the Citizenship Act 1978, any child born in New Zealand on or after 1 January 2006 is a citizen by birth if at least one of the parents is a New Zealand citizen, or entitled in terms of the Immigration Act 2009 to be in New Zealand indefinitely.

There is not, and never has been, any application to become a citizen by birth: citizenship by birth is determined and registered by the Department of Internal Affairs at the same time that a birth in New Zealand is registered. The child's New Zealand birth certificate will specify whether or not the child is a New Zealand citizen by birth.

thanks for replying i just need to ask will our condition 49 on resident visa any negative thing for our new born baby citizen ship

Quote Originally Posted by Agam13c View Post
    thanks for replying i just need to ask will our condition 49 on resident visa any negative thing for our new born baby citizen ship
    There is no explicit mention in Section 6 of the Citizenship Act (which deals with citizenship by birth) around the case of conditions being imposed under the Immigration Act 2009 on a parent's entitlement to reside in New Zealand indefinitely.

Compare this with citizenship by grant, where there is explicit mention: Section 8(3) of the Citizenship Act specifically mentions that people with conditions imposed under the Immigration Act 2009 on their entitlement to reside in New Zealand indefinitely are not eligible for citizenship by grant while said conditions have not been met in full or cancelled.

I am in no position to further answer any questions on the matter (beyond stating the legal requirements and restrictions), and suggest that you contact the Department of Internal Affairs if you wish to query further.

Did anyone receive any update on their Citizenship application ?

Nothing response

Allocation to a case officer is taking 3 to 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by danny29 View Post
    Zen95,

There is a word called as "Patience". From your other posts, I can see that you have applied citizenship on 18th June 2020. To what you have been calling forever - "1 month and 4 days" is not the right word.
    The standard citizenship application process now takes 5-10 months, average 7 months. (Does not matter whether applied online or in-person). Rather than expressing your waiting frustration on these posts, keep calm and wait. It will take months. NZ Citizenship application process is much better than Australia where people have to wait for 15-18 months.

Here is my Citizenship application timeline to give you an idea:
    Resident Visa Granted - Oct 2014
    Permanent Resident Visa granted - Oct 2016
    Applied for NZ Citizenship "ONLINE APPLICATION" - Nov 2019 (Applied after completing 5 years)
    First email from DIA for Application received - Nov 2019
    Second email from case officer for in-person identity verification at DIA office - Mar 2020
    Third email from DIA - Citizenship Application approved May 2020
    Citizenship certificate received - June 2020.

So good luck and enjoy.
    You're wrong.

According to this OIA, in-person applications were processed faster than online ones if lodged before Dec 2020.

Prior to December, applications accepted at appointment were assigned to a
    case officer who began processing the application immediately. The Department recognised
    that this was prioritising applications received at appointments above those received by mail or
    submitted online. Because of this, the Department changed its processes in December 2020.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/15427/res...20response.pdf

Applied Online - Aug 2020
    Personal Details Confirmation email - May 2021
    Approved Email - June 2021
    Awaiting for Ceremony Attendance [ Anyone recon by when i shld expect to know my ceremony date? ] Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast