Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iain Lees-Galloway replaced

My HR department seemingly have catch ups with INZ and got briefed on some plans. Overall from they've said to me and other communications from INZ it seems that generally the plan for the new nzrp when it happens is to say people can only work for accredited employers full stop and that it will all be salary based with a few visa streams. I'm guessing with the election so close they will likely use covid to keep eoi selections closed until the new nzrp with its replacement criteria is ready to be launched hopefully with better controls around only inviting those that they want and can process and with a plan for dealing for oversubscribed streams. I'm also expecting them to remove what is currently considered as priority in to it's own high value stream with caps placed on the stream most will fall in to.

Overall the move to salaries only is a huge mistake, no offence to anyone not earning median wage bit it isn't exactly a high bar and a lot of people will clear it quite easily, this will probably only see an increase in applications. They must out something in place to stop that and prevent the current situation repeating itself in the new program.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    ...............for the new nzrp when it happens is to say people can only work for accredited employers full stop.....
    Thanks for this info. With the new visa policy that is to be launched from 2021 replacing six temporary work visa category with one, I think the requirement is that every employer needs to be accredited to hire foreign migrant. So, this should align with it.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    ............... and that it will all be salary based.....
    I don't expect to be uniform. I presume they will be set at a higher level for residency, around 1.5 times of median salary for general applicant, with a lower bar (median salary) for some skills they need, say those in long term skill shortage list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234