Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: converting SMC - JSV to RV

Default converting SMC - JSV to RV

Dear Admin,

I had SMC - Job search visa and I got full-time permanent skilled employment offer and I submitted the scan copy of permanent offer to my case officer but did not get reply from my CO. Please let me know how long the process to convert my JSV to RV and any employer's criteria. I got the permanent offer with the minimum salary meeting criteria and the company is very small company. Could you please suggest for JSV to RV the employer also need to meet any specific criteria.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    Samarit
    Last edited by samarit; 30th July 2020 at 02:05 AM.

You say you sent this to your case officer. Which case officer? If you mean the one who originally processed your case when you were overseas, they are not responsible for this next step.

I think when you were granted your SMC Job Search Visa, you were probably sent some paperwork or email instructions to tell you in detail how to go about the next move. Basically, you have to send your job offer and full contract to INZ in New Zealand (not the office that originally processed your case), obviously giving your own full details and all reference numbers, etc., which should be on your paperwork, and once INZ have seen that yes, you now have a skilled job meeting the requirements (which will be after they also check with your employer), your Residence will be issued. If a partner and other family members were included in your original application, residence visas for them will be issues as well.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66762.htm it says this.
    If a principal applicant otherwise meets all requirements for the grant of a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category but does not have points for employment in New Zealand (SM6) or has not studied full time for two years in New Zealand resulting in the award of a Doctorate or Master’s degree:

the decision on the the application will be deferred (see SM3.20); and
    subject to meeting the requirements of WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions, the principal applicant will be eligible for the grant of a work visa to allow them to obtain an offer of ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand.
    That is your situation. You HAVE your Residence, waiting for you, and you are now on the work visa (SMC JSV) as mentioned, but the residence has been deferred until you show INZ that you have a skilled job as required. This is mentioned at SM3.20.5. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66774.htm

Hi JandM

Thank you for your reply.

If anything is not meeting their requirements for RV conversion, when they will update me. For example: If my salary is not meeting their criteria and when they will update me. Also in the meantime, if I get the offer for a 6-month fixed term contract, am I eligible to take that offer.
    My point here the permanent offer which I got is a small company and salary is exactly meet.

Thank you

Kind regards
    Samarit
    Last edited by samarit; 30th July 2020 at 12:07 PM.

Have you sent your evidence to INZ as a new request? If not - if you only sent it to your original CO - it is not in the right place, and is probably not being processed.

Quote Originally Posted by samarit View Post
    in the meantime, if I get the offer for a 6-month fixed term contract, am I eligible to take that offer.
    My point here the permanent offer which I got is a small company and salary is exactly meet.
    If your salary exactly meets the requirements, and INZ have all the correct details from your employer, then there will be no problem.

The requirements are set out here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66788.htm

A six-month contract will not meet the requirements as being 'ongoing and sustainable work', see here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm

Thanks JandM

Hi JandM,

My previous (original) CO asked me to send the below documents to the address "Immigration NZ DX Box: EPXXXX, 20 Fairfax Avenue, Penrose" with ATTN:<name_of_original_CO for AN17XXXXXX>.

1) Completed and signed employer supplementary form
    2) First payslip
    3) Corresponding bank statements

Once documents are received CO acknowledged me that "I will assess them and let you know if I need further information"

I called to ICC to know the progress and they told it is assessing with the CO (original CO).

Please advise me - Is my application in the right place and processing happening.

Thanks
    Samarit

Quote Originally Posted by samarit View Post
    Please advise me - Is my application in the right place and processing happening.
    If the Immigration Officer's reply to you isn't proof enough that your application is in the right place and processing is happening, I don't know what is...

For what it's worth, this is one of two situations we know about where you get to jump the queue on account of having already been through said queue (the other is removal of Section 49(1) conditions), so this should be processed relatively quickly.

Kelerei is quite right. These replies show that things are ongoing. (Note for those who may read this later: it is unusual that it is your original CO who is dealing with this next stage, but each person should follow the instructions sent with their JSV when ready to prove that they have a job in line with the requirements.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Have you sent your evidence to INZ as a new request? If not - if you only sent it to your original CO - it is not in the right place, and is probably not being processed.

Hi JandM,

Today previous message was reply to this email.

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast