Thread: Need help, anyone know what does "conducting internal advice" mean???

Question Need help, anyone know what does "conducting internal advice" mean???

Dear all,

I got a reply from my CO today as I chased her for update about my SMC application which has been assessed by CO for 2 years, yes assessment time for 2 years, hard to believe. She said my application is conducting internal advice now. What does it mean? To be honest, in early 2019, my case was waiting for internal advice once, then nothing happened till now. i was allocated to this new CO 5 months ago as the former one quitted. She has asked dozens of documents from my employer and my employer submitted one month ago.
    Deeply disappointed and confusing now....

Sad to hear, what is your role in the company ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel00 View Post
    Dear all,

I got a reply from my CO today as I chased her for update about my SMC application which has been assessed by CO for 2 years, yes assessment time for 2 years, hard to believe. She said my application is conducting internal advice now. What does it mean? To be honest, in early 2019, my case was waiting for internal advice once, then nothing happened till now. i was allocated to this new CO 5 months ago as the former one quitted. She has asked dozens of documents from my employer and my employer submitted one month ago.
    Deeply disappointed and confusing now....
    Conducting Internal advice means they want to waste your more time by saying this..by keeping your application on side. Same happens to my application waiting for decision from 30 months.. We ask for update my CO says i’m conducting internal advice or i’m conducting further verification that’s all. They doing this from last 30 months.

Ariel00 and mike13 what are you occupations? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike13 View Post
    Conducting Internal advice means they want to waste your more time by saying this..by keeping your application on side. Same happens to my application waiting for decision from 30 months.. We ask for update my CO says i’m conducting internal advice or i’m conducting further verification that’s all. They doing this from last 30 months.
    Why can't they just release a PPI? I do hope so. Just want an ending for this.

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Ariel00 and mike13 what are you occupations? Thanks
    Marketing position, and my employer has operated this business for nearly 10 years. INZ approved my colleague's SMC application last year very quick, but questioned about the same company on my case for no reasons. They even can't find a reason to release me a PPI.

Conducting internal advice CAN mean (and has done, back in the days before the backlog, politics, etc.) that the CO has found some point in a case which doesn't exactly fit the criteria as written, but still looks quite good. COs don't have the right to pass things like that on their own judgement, so they will refer the case to a Technical Adviser, an experienced senior CO who has the authority to determine such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Conducting internal advice CAN mean (and has done, back in the days before the backlog, politics, etc.) that the CO has found some point in a case which doesn't exactly fit the criteria as written, but still looks quite good. COs don't have the right to pass things like that on their own judgement, so they will refer the case to a Technical Adviser, an experienced senior CO who has the authority to determine such matters.
    Thank you, JandM. Really frustrated! I submitted my essential work visa extension under SMC five months ago and get nothing till now. My interim visa will expire within one month, which means I will be illegally to stay in NZ by then. Ridiculous!