Thread: Labour Market Test- Advertisement requirement

Default Labour Market Test- Advertisement requirement

Hello Friends,

I am asking on behalf of a friend as he is not in this forum.

My friend is applying for an essential skill visa and his employer is required to do a labour market test before he can hire. Given that wages is above $25.5/hr, we believe he is not required to publish in MSD website (or submit skill match report).

Couple of questions for advert in other media as his employer is considering Indeed and Trade Me:

a) When positing an ad online, employer's often choose not to publish name, but for immigration purpose will such ad be acceptable?
    b) The employer is an accounting firm, and feels if the name is displayed on the ad, he’ll get unsolicited requests from his clients to hire candidates, and it’s difficult not to oblige. Can this reason be acceptable if employer name is not disclosed.

Thanks for your help.

Saumya

The best that I can do is point you at WK3.10 and WK3.15.

It's fine for an organisation's name not to be published in a job ad - evidence of advertising via a recruitment company is acceptable for a work visa application and those ads don't generally have the employing organisation's name, just the recruitment company's name. As long as some evidence tying the employer to the ad can be provided, it will be fine. This could be evidence of the employer being the one who placed the ad or some correspondence from the job ad site that INZ could verify.

Thank you Kelerei and Erin. Much appreciated.

Having done this 6 or 7 times, I can tell you that the employer does not have to advertise their name (although this may be challenged) and has to provide INZ with copies of the job listing(s) as well as a list of applicants, their residence status and justification for why they where not acceptable if they are current NZ citizens/residents.