Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 206

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    36

    Default

    And a happy update from me:
    Application couriered on 7 August, money deducted on 24th August (i.e. during level 3 Auckland lockdown) and PR approved on 2 September.
    Turned out to be less than a month for me - quicker than I expected!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mara_visa View Post
    And a happy update from me:
    Application couriered on 7 August, money deducted on 24th August (i.e. during level 3 Auckland lockdown) and PR approved on 2 September.
    Turned out to be less than a month for me - quicker than I expected!
    That's great Mara!
    I sent passport + application 3 weeks ago and they didn't even charged me nor lodged it yet. Annoying since I moved from Auckland to the Waikato and now that I need to see a doctor ive got no passport to enrol with the GPs here

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georginnes View Post
    Annoying since I moved from Auckland to the Waikato and now that I need to see a doctor ive got no passport to enrol with the GPs here
    You can contact INZ and request that your passport be returned to you. INZ may then, if your application is successful, send you an "Approved in Principle" application requesting that your passport be returned to them in order to finalize your application.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    You can contact INZ and request that your passport be returned to you. INZ may then, if your application is successful, send you an "Approved in Principle" application requesting that your passport be returned to them in order to finalize your application.
    Thanks Kerelei yeah I'm well aware of that. The thing is i'm pretty sure I stuffed up one of my hip/tight joints and I'm in excruciating pain and no time to call and be put on hold for ever. hahaha. Will drive to Auckland to see my GP (the one I'm still enroled with) tomorrow.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    95

    Default

    INZ website states they may request criminal reference check to gain permanent residency. Has anyone not had to provide it?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkms View Post
    INZ website states they may request criminal reference check to gain permanent residency. Has anyone not had to provide it?
    Generally, police certificates are not required for people applying for a further residence class visa under RV2 (Permanent Resident Visa) or RV4 (Grant of a second or subsequent Resident Visa), but INZ may specifically ask the applicant to provide one. See A5.5(b).

    I haven't yet encountered anyone on this forum who has had to provide a police certificate in support of a Permanent Resident Visa application, so I'm guessing that it's relatively rare for INZ to request a police certificate for a Permanent Resident Visa applicant. My somewhat educated guess on the subject is that INZ probably only deems it necessary if the applicant has required a character waiver in the past: you must remain of good character to obtain a Permanent Resident Visa (RV2.5(e)), so for someone who has had concerns of character in the past, it makes sense to me that INZ would check that there are no further concerns.

    Also note that you will never need to submit a New Zealand police certificate with any visa application: INZ will automatically request a New Zealand police certificate on your behalf from the Ministry of Justice when your application is lodged, and this information will be sent directly to INZ. (Go to the police certificate checker and select "New Zealand" from the list.)
    Last edited by Kelerei; 2nd September 2020 at 11:34 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    .
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Hi, I just asked a similar question here now at https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56639
    Could you please see if in this specific situation, would a PCC be required?

    I would also like to know if we tick YES to the question in PRV form " Have you had any work/study visa rejections excluding NZ? ". There has been a residency visa unsuccessful in some other country (not in NZ) due to that country's government's policies and completely unrelated to character etc.
    Would there be further questions from the case officer when processing the PRV in this case? would like to hear the comments.
    Hope providing the full details of the non-NZ residency application would be fine. It was somewhere in 2014/15

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Hi, I just asked a similar question here now at https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56639
    Could you please see if in this specific situation, would a PCC be required?
    Answered in the other thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    I would also like to know if we tick YES to the question in PRV form " Have you had any work/study visa rejections excluding NZ? ". There has been a residency visa unsuccessful in some other country (not in NZ) due to that country's government's policies and completely unrelated to character etc.
    Would there be further questions from the case officer when processing the PRV in this case? would like to hear the comments.
    Hope providing the full details of the non-NZ residency application would be fine. It was somewhere in 2014/15
    One of the criteria for qualifying for a Permanent Resident Visa, as a Resident Visa holder, is that you continue to meet character requirements for residence, as laid out in A5. See RV2.5, particularly RV2.5(e).

    After going through A5 myself, I can see no circumstances where the denial of a foreign visa application would directly to ineligibility for a New Zealand residence class visa, but it's entirely possible that such denial by the foreign country was due to a character issue that, in New Zealand, makes one require a character waiver (A5.25) or makes one ineligible for a visa entirely unless granted special direction (A5.20). It would therefore be reasonable to expect INZ to scrutinize such applications more closely, to ensure that the denial of a foreign visa was not due to a character concern.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,545

    Default

    Other forum members who have previously had a visa refused for innocent reasons such as you mention have included a detailed explanation with their application, and in most cases, that has been enough to satisfy INZ, though some few have had extra questions from a CO.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Pretty Frustrated now. Its been 59 days now since I am waiting for my PR Visa. Has anyone ever waited this long??
    My timeline is as below:
    08 July 2020 - Application Posted
    09 July 2020 - Application Delivered
    13 July 2020 - Money Deducted
    15 July 2020 - Application Received Email
    20 August 2020 - Received my Passport
    Current status - Waiting for Permanent Resident Visa as of 5th September 2020

    Called INZ to know that the CO was assigned on 4th Aug and my application has been transferred to Aipa Branch in Samoa. Strange!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •