Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast

Thread: Resident to Permanent Residence

Quote Originally Posted by lol04 View Post
    Hi there, I need some guidance in completing my application. I get really confused with the PR application form questions under Sections E, F & G? My applicationr is pretty straightforward but I dont know which one to tick with questions E1, E2, E3 and do I need to answer Sections F and G?

I anyone can help me here. Thank you
    It is a very straight forward application and one of the most easiest one to fill in. Since u are applying for PR for the very first time, it has no complications. If you read the instructions it tells u clearly what to tick. Please read it again, go step by step. U can do it.

For example,
    "Section E Applicants for a permanent resident visa" : Usually most people ticks the first option unless u have a specific/unusual situation.

"If your visa is subject to conditions, have you met these conditions?" : Tick "Not applicable" if not applicable.

etc etc.

Again it says "Go to Section H: Character declaration" ... means no more "F".

May be easier if u approach an immigration agent/lawyer.

Hi, just want to know if my partner and I need to submit a police certificate when applying for our PR. I'm getting different answers from people who have applied. We have stayed here in NZ for most of the 2 years we've been resident visa holders. We went for a holiday in Australia last year December 2022-January 2023 (3 weeks). Can anyone please clarify if a police certificate is still needed? Cheers and TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by sasa_denise View Post
    Hi, just want to know if my partner and I need to submit a police certificate when applying for our PR. I'm getting different answers from people who have applied. We have stayed here in NZ for most of the 2 years we've been resident visa holders. We went for a holiday in Australia last year December 2022-January 2023 (3 weeks). Can anyone please clarify if a police certificate is still needed? Cheers and TIA.
    Per A5.5(b), applicants for a further residence class visa under RV2 (Resident Visa holders applying for a Permanent Resident Visa) or RV4 (grant of a second or subsequent Resident Visa) will not usually need to submit a police or similar certificate, unless specifically asked to by an immigration officer. Submission of a foreign police certificate with respect to such applications is not a mandatory lodgement requirement per RV1.10.10. Note that INZ will obtain a New Zealand police certificate on your behalf during the processing of your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Per A5.5(b), applicants for a further residence class visa under RV2 (Resident Visa holders applying for a Permanent Resident Visa) or RV4 (grant of a second or subsequent Resident Visa) will not usually need to submit a police or similar certificate, unless specifically asked to by an immigration officer. Submission of a foreign police certificate with respect to such applications is not a mandatory lodgement requirement per RV1.10.10. Note that INZ will obtain a New Zealand police certificate on your behalf during the processing of your application.
    Thank you for this information. This will help me save a lot of time and money. Cheers,

Sharing my timeline
    Application sent 08/08/23
    Money deducted 22/08/23
    Acknoledgement email 24/08/23
    Visa granted 05/09/23

Good luck everyone 😊

Sharing my timeline
    Applied Offshore at VFS centre(New Delhi) 10/08/23
    Money deducted at the time of application 10/08/23
    Acknowledgement email 12/08/23
    Visa granted - still waiting
    I will repost once I get an update
    Good luck everyone ��

Sharing my timeline
    Applied Offshore at VFS centre(New Delhi) 10/08/23
    Money deducted at the time of application 10/08/23
    Acknowledgement email 12/08/23
    Visa granted - 15/09/23

Good luck everyone

One Odd thing I noticed is that the letter is dated today but the start date of the visa shows as 15 August 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    One Odd thing I noticed is that the letter is dated today but the start date of the visa shows as 15 August 2023.
    That's exactly one month difference, so the most plausible explanation is that someone made a typo somewhere. In your place, I would confirm with INZ.

Good news, IT_GUY.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast